Saturday, July 15

Deleted Blog

Let me just tell you what has been going on in my world lately. On Friday night I came home from a family get together and thought that I needed to go ahead and erase my old "Nicole's blog" since everyone had already figured out where to find my newly named blog. So I logged into my Nicole's blog and got into the settings portion of it, saw the erase icon and clicked on it. Well, let's just say that Blogger erased my Sassafrass blog instead of my Nicole's blog. ALL OF IT!!! I sat there for about 30 minutes stunned and not quite sure what to do. I pretty much still don't know. I guess there IS nothing to do. So that is why I haven't blogged since then, because I was so discouraged over losing everything I had written on here I just didn't even WANT to write anything else. JC (the girl that redid my blog) even wrote that first post about what everybody thinks about the new look. Isn't that sad? I couldn't even get motivated by my cute new site to write a first post. Thanks to everyone that "sassed back" I have gotten a little more motivated to write again. I just feel that all my pictures and writings were just wasted. It really makes me sad, which I know sounds a little dramatic. But that is WAY true. I know that some of you are laughing because you have been blogging for years and I have only been doing it for a month and a half, but I just put A LOT into my posts. I need to find a way to save it onto a disc or something. Like Jude's first haircut, Parker turning 5, Fourth of July! I WANT those back. I could cry right now. It is just upsetting! So, if you have wondered why I haven't posted in a few days, there is your story!

12 Comments:

  • I am so sorry to read this. I wonder if there is any way you can get some of that back. Did you say you still have the Nicole's blog one? Every now & then I print out my blogs, so that one day the kids can go through them.

    I hope you feel up to blogging again soon- you are so upbeat and SASSY... I miss you, my new blogging friend!

    By Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph, at 10:04 PM  

  • I am sooo sorry!
    I think I would be totally devistated also!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:36 PM  

  • Oh, that makes me want to cry with you. I would email Blogger help and see what they could do. Seriously - I've read that stuff out there in the cyberworld "NEVER" really disappears - it's always somewhere.

    I sometimes copy my posts (just highlight right off the finished screen on my blog) into a Word document. That way I have a journal also (I always kept a journal on the computer anyway). It saves the pictures and everything. After hearing your story, I'm going to be MUCH BETTER about doing that!

    So sorry - but I love your new look - sassy is right!

    By Blogger Katherine@Raising Five, at 11:17 PM  

  • Man that stinks, but you'll make more great entries.

    By Blogger Holly, at 11:52 PM  

  • Don't say it's too dramatic... it's normal to feel that sad and at a loss. I totally understand that feeling of frustration! You'll get your full bloggin' motivation back soon! (I personally have been slackin' in that department, but I still like to read others'.)

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:37 AM  

  • Oh no! I would totally be upset too...even if I just started.
    There might be something you can do. When I talk to Jeanne (JC) tomorrow I will tell her. You can get to her blog by clicking on Fashionably Late from my page.
    You can make more wonderful blogging memories, not to worry.

    By Blogger Chris Streeter Davis, at 12:50 AM  

  • We can all remember a time when we did something like this. At least it wasn't at WORK -- my story!!!

    You'll have more memories and stories to tell...

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 6:27 AM  

  • Nicole,
    Sorry to hear about the blogger problems you have been having. Here's a bit of hope for you though. I looked up your blogs on google and viewed the cached pages. Copy and paste this link into your browser...

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:qhm5ji_U1scJ:www.allthatsassafrass.blogspot.com/+nicole%27s+blog+blogspot+parker+avery&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

    you should be able to see some of your old posts. You could then copy that page and then paste the posts back into your new blog. If you play around with googling your old blog and keywords from some of your old posts, you might be able to find more of them. Just click on the cached pages link under the google results.

    By Blogger Nicki, at 9:43 AM  

  • I totally understand, I would have been soooooo upset if that happened to me. It doesn't matter if you've been blogging years or months, you put so much thought into it and it's sad to see it all disappear :)

    LOVE your new look btw :)

    By Blogger Sandra, at 9:44 AM  

  • One other thing...:)

    If you have MSWord on your computer, you can download a free Blogger add-on to it. This will allow you to write your blog entry in a Word document, making it very easy to post to your blog and save a copy to your computer at the same time. I try to use it as much as possible, so that I don't have to worry if something goes awry with Blogger.

    Here's a link to show you how to do that.

    http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42497

    By Blogger Nicki, at 11:36 AM  

  • I had wondered about looking your old blog posts up on Google... GREAT THINKING, Nicki!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph, at 1:46 PM  

  • I feel horrible for you-that really bites! Losing pictures and the writing that went along with it is like losing history. I am new to your blog, but I know that there is a lot of time and effort into puting things together. After a good cry, have courage, and press on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home