Monday, December 11

Happy 10th Birthday Avery!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten years ago today I was getting up for the first time in two weeks. You see my little Avery tried to come 5 weeks early, so Dr. Norton put me on bed rest for 2 weeks. I was so happy to get out of bed and get out of the house. Glen and I went to the mall (I was SO READY for the mall!!!) and walked around until about 10 minutes into it I started having contractions. We went into a store called Service Merchandise, found the recliners and started timing the contractions. They were at 5 minutes apart already, so we went ahead and went the hospital. She was born 3 hours later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avery has been everything a mom could want in a little girl. She is SO thoughtful and caring. She loves to laugh. She is the BEST big sister. I cannot tell you what a help she is to me with the kids, especially Jude. She loves him like he is her son. So many blessings have come about because of Avery. She blesses our family beyond words.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was laying in bed last night thinking about her turning 10 today and I got very sad. See-I am one of those moms that cried when she was little because she was growing too fast. I cried up until the day Bailey was born because I didn't want another baby, I wanted another AVERY!! Of course that all changed when Bailey came out, but that is just how much I loved Avery. I realized last night that in 10 MORE years, she will be 20. I am bawling right now thinking about it. I love her so much it hurts.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Birthday my Precious Avery!!

9 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVERY!!!

    I cannot believe she is 10. WOW! What a precious 10 year old she is. Its hard to believe that I met her when she was just 3. How time flies. Give her a BIG birthday hug from Matt, Allison, and Hudson!!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 10:21 AM  

  • I just found your blog. I can't believe how old Avery is!

    By Blogger Hollie Reese, at 10:24 AM  

  • Happy birthday to Avery. I am with you on crying cuz the kids are growing up too fast.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. Nice to meet you. It took me forever to read a Peretti book, but once I did, I was hooked.

    Again, nice to meet you.

    By Blogger Gretchen, at 1:01 PM  

  • Happy Birthday!

    PS I love the name of your children

    By Blogger Tasha, at 1:14 PM  

  • How funny, today is my Avery's birthday too (we just had the party yesterday...)
    Happy birthday to your precious girl, she is gorgeous (much like her mom :) )

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4:25 PM  

  • That was so touching, it brought tears to my eyes! My mom just told me that when the Beast is 10, SlowMo will be 19! Whaaaaa!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Have a happy day girl!!!

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 9:27 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

    ~Crystal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • What a cute girl. She looks like fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home