Saturday, December 9

Our New Puppy


After our Parvo (if you don't already know the story, don't ask! It is FOREVER long!!) experience with the puppy we got from the Humane Society, we decided to get a puppy from a breeder. We have never had a dog, just a cat. I knew the time would come when we would get one and I knew THIS was the time. I was wanting to get a puppy that was going to be little and STAY little. Ya know the kind - a Yorkie, Shih Tzu, a MALTESE!!! Well, Glen has ALWAYS wanted a BIG dog. I had ALWAYS said no. But after seeing my "boss's" (She hates that word) Golden Retriever and heard what GREAT family pets they were, that is the direction we headed.



We got her a week and a half ago and she has already grown ALOT! We named her HARLEY. According to my dad Harley is a boy's name, but we don't care. All of our girls (children) have "boy" names, so we thought, "Why stop with the kids?" All of the kids are really doing well with her. Jude, our 2 and a half year old, has already learned to tell her ,"DOWN!" if she jumps, which is a HUGE improvement from the freaking out he usually does with any kind of dog. So this is our official introduction of the newest member of out family. Here's HARLEY!!!

5 Comments:

  • OH MY GOODNESS NICOLE!! You have a BLOG??? Now we can actually be friends and keep in touch better! HA! I about died when I saw you on this!!! I am so so so excited to be able to actually know what is going on in yalls world there in Abilene!!! I love all of you!!!

    Oh, and that post about your mom buying yall groceries is so amazing, and brought me to tears!!! What an example she is to all of us!!! You tell her that I love her!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 PM  

  • oh and you can find my blog at....
    allisonmullins.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

  • She's precious, but you know how I feel about doggies! ;)

    By Blogger ~Crystal~, at 1:08 AM  

  • She is so cute. I love the name Harley. I actually know a girl (human) named that too. I love boy names for girls!

    By Blogger Tasha, at 9:21 AM  

  • We have a lab and she part of the family! Make sure you have LOTS of chew toys for her so she doesn't chew up your stuff!!!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home