Tuesday, December 19

Passing Out Christmas Cards

Is there etiquette to sending Christmas cards? What I mean is, Is it BAD etiquette to hand deliver your Christmas cards? I ordered 100 cards, and sent the majority out, BUT I have been passing out SOME cards.
-----------------------------------------------------
Here was my dilemma. For 2 separate groups (our church small group, and my Mother's Day Out Co-Teachers) I didn't have EVERYONE's address. So I thought, "Hey, I'll just take so and so their card and not worry about finding out their address". Which sounds all good and fine except I also thought (can you tell I OVER think things?)," Well, if I give so and so their card, and friend-o-mine sees it, will friend-o-mine think that she is not getting a card, even though her's is in the mail?" I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. THUS - I hand delivered ALL of them. Small group AND Co-Teachers. Is that wrong?
-----------------------------------------------------
A BAD THING: When you think that you have written EVERYONE's name down that you work with, and you get to work and realize you have forgotten one somebody. One card short!!! Yeah - that was me today.
-----------------------------------------------------
HOPE FOR THE DAY: That one somebody didn't see that everyone else had a Christmas card from me today. And then when I give her one on Thursday, she will feel like she was the only one to get one AND she will feel like a princess. OK!!! Maybe that was a little much. But maybe it will make her feel special. You never know!!

15 Comments:

  • You do think a lot:) I am the same way though. I would not worry about one person being upset. You are such a sweet person and I am sure even if she does notice she will think nothing of it. Thanks for always smiling and being so kind:) Glad I got my card so I know that it was not me, hehehe.

    By Blogger Erica, at 9:36 PM  

  • Ha- I think hand delivering them is maybe even more special! I mean, I think it's better than not getting one at all!

    By Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph, at 9:40 PM  

  • I've recieved several hand delivered christmas card this year and didn't think anhything other than I love christmas cards and that I was glad to be on their christmas card list. I plan on hand delivering yours on Thurs.

    By Blogger Holly, at 10:49 PM  

  • I thought the same thing at first, how funny. Then I figured if they really wanted a card form me a hand delivered card with love is better than no card at all!

    By Blogger Tasha, at 11:34 PM  

  • Formal etiquette books probably say they should be hand addressed and mailed, but you personally delivering mine was more special that if I'd just found it in my mailbox. Plus you saved $ on stamps. So just be your sweet self and quit thinking so much!

    By Blogger cindy, at 12:10 AM  

  • interesting brainstorm on Christmas cards... i expect mine hand-delivered. it's certainly the proper way to do busiess according to some books i recently read on Christmas Card protocol. your cool to give so many-s.diego

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 AM  

  • Oh Nicoley....stop worrying your little mind so much. I mean...when you hand delivered mine...I was only mad at you about it for like MAYBE 3 hours..then I was totally over it. Ok...maybe more like 6 hours, but I really am not mad at ALL right now. Ok, I'm still mad a little...but not nearly like I was yesterday.

    KIDDING. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 AM  

  • I am kind of with Flip Flop Mamma. I just like getting mail, and I think these days so many people don't actually send mail anymore....of course due to e-mail and such. But to be honest with you, I would have prefered a hand-delivered card from yall this year! :)

    By Blogger Allison, at 10:04 AM  

  • I don't think it matters either way. I did the same exact same thing at work though... I don't get so bent out of shape about that stuff anymore. I only hope the un-recievers feel the same way.

    By Blogger Gina, at 4:33 PM  

  • I'm bad for getting out Christmas cards. I wish somone would come up with a business where they sign and mail your card of choice to your provided mailing address. Then everyone would get a card. Yeah and you can do it by internet. Wow! If there are any takers out there let me know cause I don't have to time to get it up and going. Great idea for fundraisers too.

    By Blogger BigDaddyGonzoVents, at 11:33 PM  

  • I love your new profile picture!

    By Blogger ~Crystal~, at 3:28 AM  

  • I plan on 75 cards every season -- I know!!! From distant friends to Steve's co-workers to neighbors to my Bunco moms....it gets ridiculous!!!

    Go with your gut!!!

    PS Nice profile photo -- CUTE!!

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 9:14 AM  

  • Shoot I was lucky to get my cards out this year. If you hand delivered I think that is great. Plus you saved a bit in postage! :)

    By Blogger Lisa, at 9:58 AM  

  • I think that the fact that you actually GOT Christmas cards out says volumes about you. I love getting Chirstmas cards...hand delivered or mailed. I, HOWEVER, did not send or deliver any cards at all. I wanted to give them to some of my clients from work, but I felt too poor to mail them and then didn't want to drive all across the valley to deliver them so no one got anything.

    I liked your thought about the one person at work who didn't get theirs at the same time as everyone else. I hope that worked out exactly as planned (or unplanned?)!

    I'm so glad you're back to blogging!

    By Blogger Kari, at 10:56 AM  

  • Hey Nicole, I just randomly found your blog... and I am SO honored that I received a Christmas card in the mail!! I love your kids and love being a part of their lives.

    By Blogger Katie, at 2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home