Monday, January 1

2007 goals

I have a few goals "New Year's Resolutions". I like the word goal better. Don't ask me why because I have no answer. This is really for me to have something to look back on and remember what I am working towards, but would love comments if you have them.
  • I want to teach my kids more responsibilities. I was told over the Christmas break that my kids should have more responsibilities. SO I am taking that advice and giving my children more of them around the house.
  • I want to run a 5K. That is the first running goal I have. I know I will be able to do it. The TRUE goal will be for that to turn into a quarter OR half marathon. My friends Anna and Cindy are going to do it with me. (See how I sign you girls up for my goals with me?) LOVE IT!
  • I want to keep my house cleaner. I know this is not a big deal to some people. I just am working really hard on keeping it picked up and AGAIN teaching my kids how to do it in the process. FUN!!!
  • I want to be a better example for my kids. I want them to see Jesus in me and my actions. Everyday before school the last thing I tell my girls is, "Be Jesus to somebody today!" WELL, I want to be that for THEM!!
  • I want to treat people better. Not that I think I treat people badly. I just want to be purposeful in my actions. Husband, parents, brother, children, friends. ALL relationships.

OK. That is enough for me. If I can do all of those I will be one happy camper. I know I can do it. What do you think?

HAPPY 2007!!

11 Comments:

  • When you learn how to keep your house picked up, and how to get your kids to help...let me know. PLEASE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:40 PM  

  • Good goals!! Once your kids get that house cleaning thing down send them over here and i will let them practice responsibility around here. That 5K goal will be a piece of cake once you get those neutral+ shoes. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 PM  

  • GREAT goals!
    I have my resolution posted too!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:31 PM  

  • Good goals! (I don't like the term resolutions either.) Except I don't know about that Cindy is going to do it with you thing! I just totaled my 2006 miles and had the least I've ever had since starting this walking/running stuff 18 years ago. That's sad. Maybe a goal like that would help. Anna, are you up for motivating both of us?

    By Blogger cindy, at 11:06 PM  

  • hahahaha I don't know Cindy!! I liked all of her goals except that one! I did SO good on my running...then this cold weather hit & I have slowed down to pretty much nothing. It's kinda sad. I don't know Nicoley...you may have to motivate Cindy & I. But if its that important to you, then I'm sure we will be right along side you. Thats just the good friends that we are right??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 PM  

  • Good goals! Once I got Nathan to clean his room I thought I had conquered the world. LOL

    By Blogger Michelle, at 8:17 AM  

  • Those are some great goals. I hate the word resolution as well. Goals sound so much nicer.

    I am impressed that you are going to run a marathon. Women who run inspire me.

    Um, and can you send your kids my way once you get them a'cleaning?!!

    By Blogger Blackeyedsue, at 12:06 PM  

  • Ok - the photo is awesome!!! Can we take a trip to the Bahamas??? :)

    Happy 2007 back!!!

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 12:52 PM  

  • Happy New Goals Nicole and I'm glad to re-establish 'link' with you.

    Have a wonderful year ahead and that's a pretty cool goals :D Keep it up.

    Happy New Year to you too :D

    By Blogger Shionge, at 6:13 PM  

  • Great goals! That encourages me to have goals for this new year also. I don't think I will be running a marathon, but want to exercise at least 5 times a week.

    By Blogger Momma, at 8:09 PM  

  • Yes! To be Jesus to our children - What a wonderful goal. Though I fail miserably sometimes, I want to reflect Him to my kids. I want the love of God to flow through me and into them. It needs to be His love flowing, becuase mine is conditional and imperfect. By His grace, we can do this, Nicole!

    By Blogger Karen Hossink, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home