Sunday, January 28

Dallas Trip/Meeting Fellow Bloggers

My friend Cindy and I took off Saturday to drive to Southlake and pick up a stroller that I won on eBay. A JOGGING STROLLER!!! Yeah!! My kids are so excited about riding their bikes while we run. We have done this a few times, but only with the regular stroller. You know the one meant for malls, not bumpy roads. So now it will be SO much easier to push my little man.

On the way to the Dallas area, we stopped in a nice convenient store so that we could use the restroom. There was a lady there in the bathroom with her 2 girls. We were guessing they were her girls because they were calling her mom, but she actually could have been their grandmother. So when we came in the bathroom, the mom was pulling her child's pants up with the stall door open. Cindy and I were both waiting for a stall when we heard, "Mom, close the door." I looked over and the MOM was going to the bathroom with the door OPEN!!!! I was freaking out. There is no need for me to see a grown woman with her panties around her ankles. I'm sorry. That is too much. She yelled back to the girl," NO, mommy needs to see you and (sister's name)". I get that. Pull them in the stall OR let them put their backs to the door on the outside of the stall so that you can see their feet, but to go to the bathroom with the door open. COME ON!!!

Next we went to pick the stroller up in Southlake. If you have never heard of Southlake, you
need to know that it is a very ritzy area. I knew by just talking to the guy that he was a little bit on the yuppy side. In fact, in one of the e-mails, the wife had "mentioned" (why I'm not sure) that her husband drove a Lexus SUV. So when we drove up in a Cindy's husband's Versa (brand new mind you) we were already thinking that they were going to start laughing at us at first site. Their house was not all that great. It was nice, but not THAT nice. Ya know what I mean. They weren't going to make ME feel like they were above us. I was bound and determined. So the people come out and start to help load up the stroller. I was impressed that they offered to help. So as we were walking to the car, the wife starts to ask about my running and how far I go. When I said 3 miles, and that I was planning a 5K in April, she giggled and said ," OH that is how we started, only with halfs." (You know half marathons) "We do marathons all the time. Both of us". Why oh why. I am sorry, but I feel plenty fine with starting with a 5K. OK. I am proud, but it really bothered me her saying it that way. I guess you would had to heard that conversation to know exactly her tone and how it sounded. Well, it just sounded yuppy.

THEN, we were on to bigger, and better things. MEETING LINDSAY from My Splattered Painted Life!!! We met her at the Grapevine mall. She walks up, gives me hug (I love huggers!!), and hands me a GIFT!!! OK. Isn't SHE the one that redid MY blog for FREE? And she is giving ME a gift. WHAAAAAT???? It was a pedometer. You know the thing that you put on your belt to tell you how far you've run. HOW SWEET IS SHE??? We have been e-mailing for a while and chat online almost everyday. I feel like I have known her for a long while. I was SO excited and anxious to meet her and SO glad that I did. She is so pretty and the sweetest thing ever. If there is such a thing as hitting it off as friends, I think we did. We ate lunch and there was not an awkward moment in the whole 3 HOUR conversation. It was a blast. The first thing that Cindy said to me after we said our goodbyes was, "Too bad that she doesn't move closer, cause I think that ya'll would hang out a lot." AWWW. I felt the same thing. So I am starting a petition for Lindsay and her husband to move to my town. OR for her husband to commute. Either way is fine with me. I just loved her!!

After we said goodbye to Lindsay, we came outside to 40 degree weather. It was like 60 degrees when we went in, so we were a little shocked. We were on a mission though. We went and changed in a nearby convenient store bathroom (nasty I know). We put on our running gear and headed to Lake Grapevine to run a route that Cindy had looked up online. We were so excited until we found out that the route that we "thought" we were going to run was clear on the other side of the lake. So we thought, "Oh well, we will just run a route, watch our new little pedometer and turn around at 1.5 miles". That way we can still do our 3 miles. Well, this was really a biking trail, so the first part was REALLY rocky and hilly and REALLY hard to run. We ended up going 3.55 miles, and we were SO happy that we actually did it even though it was like ice outside (It kept getting colder) and it was less than optimal running conditions. YEAH US!!! Here is us after we finished our run. We needed someone to take our picture and so I walked up to this car. As my hand was knocking on the window to ask if they would take a picture, I notice that there is STEAM on the windows!!!! When the guy rolled his window down it was 2 GUYS!!! I made a joke about their being steam on the windows and he said, "Yeah, it's my dad, WEIRD relationship!!" We both started laughing. Guess you had to be there, cause reading that back is not even funny. But believe me it was!! So here is me and one of my best friends Cindy!!! Sorry the picture is so small, I couldn't figure out how to get it on here the right way.


I also met Jenny Ha Ha from Girl Exposed today at MY church. And let me just say for people that have heard from her that she is "FRUMPY", it is all a LIE!!! I was expecting this girl who LOOKS like she has had 3 babies in 3 years, instead she looks like a rock star. She seemed VERY nice in the 2 minutes that we talked (I had to go to church, OK?). Her husband almost broke my hand when he shook it, THAT she was telling the truth about. I look forward to stalking her blog, If you haven't been there already, go. She is hysterical.

OK. Now that everyone has quit reading my post because it was so long, I will quit writing. I couldn't leave ANY detail out though. It was a fun weekend.

34 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh! You are such a LI-UH! But THANK YOU for thinking I'm not frumpy!!! Normally I'm in Wal-Mart sweats and don't wear make-up, so I usually look really dumpy. I FINALLY got a chance to sit down and write tonight, but I'm waiting on a friend to send me a link to her experience meeting a fellow blogger. Tomorrow I should have MY version of our meeting up on my blog. :D I'm so glad to know someone at our church that's my age! And I'm soooo impressed that you're so athletic!!! I get winded just talking on the phone while doing dishes...seriously. It's not cool.

    By Blogger Flawed And Disorderly, at 11:12 PM  

  • How fun to meet other bloggers! I think it's awesome how dedicated you are to running. I wish I were that way.

    By Blogger ~Crystal~, at 11:13 PM  

  • This is absolutely fantastic Nicole and thank you for the update.

    So cool to meet Lindsay and I can't wait for the day to meet some of my blog buddies too and yes, could just go on and on huh? We should chat someday too...do you have msn chat? Email me Nicole at shionge@hotmail.com Hmmm....I might just visit you huh? Kekek....

    You did well Nicole on the running, keep it up!

    By Blogger Shionge, at 11:18 PM  

  • Wow...that was the longest post I think I've ever read. LOL I just kept scrolling, and scrolling, and..........scrolling. ha! Sounds like you guys had fun...thats awesome! I met a girl at church today that runs full marathons...she actually ran a Walt Disney marathon in Florida! Pretty cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM  

  • What a FUN day you and Cindy had. Everyone needs to have a special day like that every once in a while. You will really enjoy that stroller. I know the kids are excited and what a great way to get in their exercise, too. How exciting it must have been to meet a fellow blogger and how cool that you just hit it off. You and Cindy are amazing and so dedicated in you goal of running a 5K. You are and will continue to be an encouragement for many. Blogging has been such a blessing for you and many others. Keep it up!
    LYFAA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

  • It was a fun day! But let me tell you that my thighs are sore today from running on that trail. I enjoyed getting to meet Lindsay - she's a sweetie!

    By Blogger cindy, at 12:01 AM  

  • 2 Guys. UGh. And I always wanted a jogging stroller.

    I found this cool REI baby backpack at a garage sale for $15 and even though my youngest is four and I'm pretty sure we're done in the baby production department I can't bear to give it up because it was such a great find. "What if??" I keep thinking which is odd for me cause i usually throw everything out the second I'm done with it.

    I ought to give it away on teh blog or something :)

    By Blogger Scribbit, at 1:47 AM  

  • it's fun to have a get2gather amongst the bloggers.... I had meet up few of the bloggers over coffee, dinner, movies... and we had so much fun!!! Blogging is the surest way to make new friends!

    By Blogger di.di, at 4:36 AM  

  • I had to come and read your side of the Jenny Ha Ha meeting. I love it.

    You guys are too funny. The two of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 AM  

  • How much fun was that? Sorry about the snooty joggers, but it doesn't sound like they spoiled your weekend.

    By Blogger Beck, at 7:27 AM  

  • Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

    Glad you got to meet Lindsay... she is a wonderful friend. Oh and about the gift, it doesn't surprise me one bit. I think every time I see her she gives something to my daughter! Just the sweet and thoughtful person she is.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 8:06 AM  

  • I love blogger meet-ups! I hope to meet everyone someday. Wouldn't that be just too fun? I LOVE your hair, too!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph, at 8:10 AM  

  • Sounds like you had fun!! I can't wait to go to Dallas in March with the kids!! I need to start the excercising!! YOu have motivated me to at least do something today!! The ice has finally melted and I can actually walk around the block!!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 9:55 AM  

  • Wow! I am so jealous that you actually get out and run!! My best friend and I always talk about getting out and walking or running with our babies, but basicly I am all talk and no action. She even bought her jogging stroller, mine however is still in some store somewhere, just calling my name...hehe. I also have a friend that runs marathons and I say..You ladies rock!! I wish I had that kind of ambition!!

    By Blogger marykathryn, at 10:27 AM  

  • Oh my gosh, you go girl. I don't run. Not unless one of my kids is in danger!

    By Blogger Life With All Boys, at 11:15 AM  

  • OMG Girl, what a post!
    First of all, you are so sweet to say all those nice things about me :) I am blushing!
    Also, I am so glad you wrote about the bathroom lady, I was dying laughing while reading it... just as much as when you told me on Saturday.. HAHAHAHAAA
    CIndy was the sweetest EVER! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful friend that adores you adn your family!
    So, I think we totally need to get together again SOON!
    HUGS

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:33 AM  

  • Sounds like a fun day....except for the broken hand part....

    Peeing with the door open? Ewwww, must have been a guy in drag or something....

    By Blogger carmachu, at 11:41 AM  

  • I just read your comment on my blog, and I came over to say...

    if you can't give me at least a thousand word essay on our 2 minute meeting, then I don't really see the point in us trying to be friends.

    I think you need to heavily consider posting something about me and what I say at least once a week like you mentioned.

    I thought that expectation in friendship was just understood.

    ;-) Hee hee! JUST joshin'. I'm grateful for my honorable mention here. But just for the record, there's a time limit on the 3 to 4 thing and don't encourage it.

    By Blogger Flawed And Disorderly, at 12:15 PM  

  • I want to meet Jen!

    By Blogger OhTheJoys, at 12:36 PM  

  • You go girl. I'm with Robin I'm not a runner unless it is to get one of the kids from hurting themself and normally that is running after Little Man. :)
    How exciting to meet other bloggers. you all look great in all the pics. Look at your hair it is much much longer then in the 4th of July pic and looks so nice.

    By Blogger KC, at 12:49 PM  

  • It's so fun to meet fellow bloggers isn't it?!! I've only met one so far, but hopefully more in the future!!! And I'm so envioud of your running. I'm such a goober. I really need to get out there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM  

  • I also hate it when people feel like they have to just "mention" how great they are all the time. Frustrating!

    The pictures are great!! Beautiful! It's so nice when you meet someone in person and just love being with them.

    I need to get out and start walking again, I did for a bit but it's still too dark in the morning and after morning, I just don't have the motivation. Sigh!

    By Blogger sari, at 1:53 PM  

  • Would be so fun to meet some fellow bloggers! I'm jealous!
    I haven't found anyone even in my state yet...
    Glad you had fun, and got gifts, yay!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2:24 PM  

  • I once had a dream that I met Gina Liam's mum. I think it would be neat to met some of my blogger friends. Mind you I would have to travel a fair way because most are in US. Love the Photos

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at 3:06 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Allison, at 3:27 PM  

  • OH MY WORD...your hair is SO LONG! It looks great. Pat yourself on the back, Nicole. How many times since I have known you have you "tried to grow it out??" You always gave up! It looks soooo good!

    OK...I feel like I total fatty hearing about you running so stinkin much. I will quit your blog if you keep it up! HA...just kidding. I am super impressed though. WAY TO GO!

    And the jogging stroller...we have wanted one for a long time. How much cheaper did you get it on ebay? Matt would LOVE to have one!

    I love meeting new friends. How fun that yall hit it off so great. How do you meet all these bloggers who you don't know personally? Do you just click and comment on random peoples blogs??? Just curious because I don't see how that happens.

    OK and finally....your comments on my blog are by far my favorite. You are so encouraging and make me smile every time. You get the BEST COMMENTOR AWARD!!!

    Tell the fam hi...LOVE YOU!!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 3:42 PM  

  • I LOVE your hair!! It looks so good on you. I was laughing all the way through this post. I could just HEAR you telling these stories. You are so fun! Love ya!
    Reese

    By Blogger Procters in MOJO land, at 3:49 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a blast....how great meeting bloggers.....I'm so impressed on your running...I walk.....I love to be athletic.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:07 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a great day...exspecially meeting Lindsey. How fun

    By Blogger Tasha, at 7:47 PM  

  • Look..I get to be the comment to get you to your first 30!!! You helped me get to 20 the other day...so I'm returning the favor!LOL Your welcome! Not like you needed help..I'm sure you would have gotten that 30th comment easily. Why can't we all be popular, cool bloggers like you Nicoley?? Why can't I be in your "in" crowd????? hahahaha!!! Just kidding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 PM  

  • First you had two very odd encounters in one day.. you attract the weirdos too, eh? Second, I'm so jealous! You not only got to meet a fellow blogger but then you look THAT GOOD after a run! UGH! No fair.

    By Blogger Angel, at 11:00 AM  

  • Isn't great to meet blog buddies and find out that they're not psychopaths! (like mother always warned) I have an older jog stroller I need to get rid of. A neighbor was going to throw it away, but I took it off her hands and replaced the tires. Why, I dunno, b/c I don't run...wishful thinking, I guess. And then there's the kid seat (w/ wheels) that attaches behind your bike - I bought that at a garage sale. Unfortunately, my youngest (soon to be 5) got a new bike before I ever did. Time to have my own garage sale, I guess...

    By Blogger Elle*Bee, at 3:52 PM  

  • Girl... first... you so hot, mama!
    Second, I HATE runners like that. I once had a "friend" of mine ask me my mile time, then told me "Oh so you're a jogger... not a runner." Nice. Real nice. So you go ON with your fit self and be PROUD of ALL runs!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

  • I just came by to check out your blog... see you over on Underwear Girl and Oh, the Joys.

    By Blogger Terri@SteelMagnolia, at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home