Sunday, January 14

Why

I have several things that have happened today that is great.

1. My in-laws took my girls to watch a movie at their house for the afternoon. AWESOME!
2. I have gotten to spend some uninterrupted time on the computer. GREAT!
3. It is 28 degrees outside and I still had the motivation to go out and run my 3 miles today. YIPEE!
4. I ran the ENTIRE 3 miles for the first time back. WOO-HOO!
5. I ran it in a great time for me - 27 minutes. BOOYA!

BUT the best thing about my day was not one of those things. It was something that happened on my run. I have a playlist on my iPod that I listen to every time I run. It has some pretty good music on it that I enjoy running to.
No Such Thing - John Mayer
Set Me Free - Big Daddy Weave (one of my favorite songs too!)
Clocks - Coldplay
Upside Down - Jack Johnson
King Without A Crown - Matisyahu
Beautiful Day - U2
And THEN the one that affected me today : Why - Big Daddy Weave

I have listened to this song so many times and every time it speaks to my heart. I actually started tearing up this week while running while this song was on. I just think the words are AMAZING and make me want to be a better person. Without writing out the whole song (I know some of you don't like to read lyrics) I will post just the chorus.

Why do I do all the things that I do
When I want to do what is right
Change this wicked heart of mine
Let me walk with you in the new life

If you want to read ALL of the lyrics (which would really help you feel the whole spirit of the song) go here.

I just LOVE this song. I am such a selfish person and have said some pretty selfish things to a loved one just TODAY. This song is my personal prayer for the day. I want Him to change my heart and I WANT to walk in the new life.
SO my number 6 for the day just happens to be my favorite.

6.My heart was changed for the better. THE BEST!!!

BTW - If you haven't heard of Big Daddy Weave. You need to check them out. All of their songs are really great!

I'm off to apologize for my selfish ways!

11 Comments:

  • Awesome on the running..I am still amazed you got out in this weather. The ice is so thick on our roads you can't even WALK on them..much less run! Way to go!

    Haven't heard of that song (actually I probably have..I just never knew who it was by)...but the lyrics are great. I always love a good song like that. Music can be such an inspiration to me as well. Thats why I always try to surround myself w/ good music that has a good message, it can be very persuasive & powerful in our lives as silly as that sounds!

    I...for one...don't think you ever seem selfish..but you know yourself better than anyone. I am glad you had a change of heart..that is always inspiring to me when I hear of that happening for people. Awesome!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • I have always envied those who run... I just can't get myself motivated enough. I admire people who do.

    I wouldn't mind a tread mill - walking with an ipod in front of Oprah...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:35 PM  

  • Hey Nicole, well done for the good run! I do get 'suck' in at times when I listen to a good song and yes, shall check this out.

    You take care my dear!

    By Blogger Shionge, at 7:38 PM  

  • Well at least you can recognize when you're being selfish, and apologize for it...that's wonderful!! And I'm so jealous about you doing so good on your running! I mean, I'm very proud of you...but oh so jealous. I have a goal to walk WALK three days a week, and can't even stick to that. Iuse the weather as an excuse a lot, and you're running in the snow??? Whatevah! LOL.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

  • wow! you hit on three things that i need/like/are.

    i need to be running to be conditioned for high school soccer season coming up. i am reffing this year and i will need all the conditioning i can get.

    i like big daddy weave, too. they rock! they are all from l.a., too. where i am from. they are 'real' guys, if you know what i mean. btw, l.a. is lower alabama.

    i am so, so, so selfish, too. man, that gets me into so much trouble. i am working on it, though. hey ... i'll pray for you and you pray that i do better on being less selfish, what'd ya' say?

    i just have to mention that this is one of the neatest themes for a blog template i have ever seen. i miss texas so much! i used to live in arlington, and i got to go and see rick atchley at richland hills. i never considered go there to see him until i heard him at streams in the desert one year. i really, really miss streams. have you ever been to streams?

    By Blogger k2, at 7:37 AM  

  • try subbing in the show "the office" and subbing out a reality show. got no tv still but i watched it at a friend's house...real funny. -san diego

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • SO proud of you for running when it is way to darn cold outside!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 8:12 PM  

  • I'm not familiar with the song, but great lyrics! Wow on the running. I wish I could do, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Dear Hubby runs frequently - it's important to keep the ticker healthy.

    By Blogger Elle*Bee, at 8:54 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I was going to comment on your newest post, but this one really struck a chord with me.

    I've been kind of a selfish jerk today myself, and I've spent a lot of the day being upset when I actually got some really good news earlier. So thanks for reminding me that I can be better than that.

    See you again soon!

    By Blogger sari, at 9:13 PM  

  • You run? You actually muster the energy to run when you have 4 kids and run a house? I bow down to you. Totally.

    By Blogger Angel, at 2:32 PM  

  • Thanks for the heads up on Big Daddy Weave. I must listen to some of their songs. Proud of you for running. Wow, you are my inspiration!
    LFAA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home