Monday, September 24

Mrs. Jody Reese / "Me" box

Mrs. Reese telling the class that Parker is her neighbor (WE LIVE ACROSS THE STREET!! How cool it that?? Look at Parker's face!! THAT girl is feeling special!!)

Parker's Kindergarten teacher this year is Jody Reese. Some of you already know her, but I just HAD to write a little post about this amazing lady. I have known Jody for over 11 years and Glen has known her for longer (not even sure how long). She has come to my baby showers and shown love to my girls since they were babies. My girls have loved her even before they had her in school, BUT she HAS had all 3 of my girls in Kindergarten. While you think that I should know her pretty well by now, I am always blown away every time I see her with children.

Parker sharing her "Me" box

On Friday Parker took her "Me" box to school to share some things about her with her class. Jude and I went upon Parker's request. As I sat there, I got tears in my eyes watching Jody with Parker and the other children in class. I cannot put into words how blessed she is as a teacher. Some people were just MADE to be teachers and Jody is one of those. Her expressions, her tone, her sweet words are just touching to watch. I couldn't have prayed for a more wonderful teacher for my kids to have in Kindergarten. There is a peace knowing that your child is being loved and taken care of at school. I am SO thankful for Jody and what she does for my family, and for children in general. This world is a better place because of her!!

Jude was such a big boy and sat so quietly listening to his big sister!! He looks asleep, but really is just looking down!

14 Comments:

  • Amen to Mrs. Reese being the best!!
    And since you've opened this door, I'm going to say something that I've been thinking but hadn't yet expressed. Nicole, you also have that gift! While you don't have the experience of Jody, Dana, Becky, and others like them, you do have the potential to be as good as them! And I'm thankful you are using that to bless children in pre-school and at church. But as your own children get older, maybe you'll consider finishing your degree and teaching in public school someday? Just planting a seed...

    By Blogger cindy, at 11:59 AM  

  • How wonderful of a teacher. How blessed you and your family are.

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:17 PM  

  • That is so cool. I hope people say that about me when I am a teacher. I am sure your mom gets comments like that all the time. She is such a great lady. Parker is so adorable. I LOVE those dimples. Oh, and tell Bailey that Trace says hello!! (wink, wink!)

    By Blogger Taralee, at 2:00 PM  

  • how cool that all your girls have had mrs.reese!
    jude looks like he's ready for school : )

    By Blogger Kara, at 5:54 PM  

  • You are SO right. Great teachers are TRUE blessings. =) And it is such a comfort knowing your kids are in good hands at school. Knowing my little Dilly is with YOU at school is a blessing to ME. =)

    And about the potty training from your update...don't stress over that. Glen's words were SO true. If moms give you looks of dissapproval, or worse yet....WORDS....just brush it off. They've obviously never dealt with that situation, or they would know better. I wish I had been as patient & loving with Cameron when she potty trained as you are being with Jude. You will be glad you did things the way you did with him I promise. It will be easier on you AND him in the long run. Hang in there Nicoley. Love you. =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:18 PM  

  • i was giddy for you when i read that parker has mrs. reese for kindergarten! i LOVED student teaching in her class (and getting to know avery that year was such a fun bonus) and now that i am a kinder teacher on my own, not a day goes by that i don't do something that jody taught me by her awesome example. you never know what lessons your girl will learn this year that she will use throughout her life. pretty powerful!

    By Blogger annalee, at 9:13 PM  

  • It's so special when your child has a really great teacher. I'm so glad you're back blogging again.

    By Blogger Nadine, at 9:57 PM  

  • Those pictures are the sweetest! Her hair is soooooo long!!! I love it! She looks so grown up!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 9:44 AM  

  • Nothing beats a good teacher...for sure!

    Lori

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 4:35 PM  

  • It is such a blessing to know our kids are in good hand while they are at school! Kate's K teacher was my best friend! It was awesome! BLESSINGS!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:42 AM  

  • I am celebrating my one year blog anniversary..come by and visit!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 2:52 PM  

  • Hey Nicole! I'm so glad that you enjoy your children's teachers. That is such a blessing!

    As for the potty training thing...don't be so hard on yourself! My boy was harder to potty train than my daughter. And...I still haven't gotten very far with my 2 1/2 year old girl...she's very bull headed. :)

    By Blogger Nicki, at 4:03 PM  

  • That is so sweet. I know she appreciates your kind and GENUINE words.

    Jude is so big! Your kids are getting so grown up. I can't believe it!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:22 PM  

  • Nicole! I am so glad you're back! Sorry I'm late realizing this, but I don't have a blogroll so I just check blogs daily and I um, kinda stopped checking yours after months of nothing new. ;)

    You have got to come look at my site! And I made another one too because I'M PREGNANT! Please come over and say hi!

    I'm glad to see you on here again!

    And that is so great that your kids have had the opportunity to have such an awesome teacher! I worry about schools these days, but it's nice to hear that there are still great teachers who make those worries disappear (for the most part anyway!).

    By Blogger Kari, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home