Friday, September 14

Pigs, and freaks and us, OH MY!!!

Tonight the kids and I went to the fair with my friend Cindy. (yes - the same friend that is my co-teacher) A child in our 4's class gave us five tickets to the Fair and so we used those to get in the gate. The kids had been BEGGING to go, so they were chomping at the bit when they found out that we were going tonight.

We first watched a pig show that was really cute. The guy said that pigs are the 5th smartest animal. When I got home I told Glen about it and he said the only reason they said that was because it was a PIG show!! Oh who knows??? These pigs were pretty smart though and they did all kinds of tricks. They are suppose to be famous pigs too. It DOES sound a little too good to be true now that I think
about it. Hmmmm.......

The "famous" pig

There are some different kind of people at the fair. At one point Cindy said it looked like a freakshow. I was wondering if anyone ever thought that when they looked at us. You never know. We got a kick out of seeing all the strange looking people there. Not sure that is the purpose of the fair, but it sure is fun. :)

The only normal looking people at the fair.......US!!!

Parker being a big helper and riding with Jude

Who needs Superman when you have these 2 Supergirls??

The kids got to ride 2 rides each and if they went with Jude, that was just an extra ride. Avery and I were the first to go on this one that was just a little too scary for the both of us. (Of course the picture of this didn't turn out so great!! Ugh!) It was like a circle roller coaster where you just go around in a circle. We were the only ones on the ride and 15 seconds after the ride started, she was asking to get off. We went upside-down and we just hung there. She was almost in tears because she thought that she was going to fall out and I TOTALLY remember that feeling when I was younger. So it kind of freaked me out thinking she really was going to fall out. We both got off thankful to be on the ground.

Cindy and Parker on the Farris Wheel

It's me and Bailey on some crazy fast ride!!

We all had a great time and even ate some great food. We tried deep fried oreos. Those were pretty yummy. I'm sure I had enough calories to last a few days, but it was way fun to eat all that nasty, greasy food that you are not suppose to eat......ever. Once a year though, surely you can't clog an artery in one night can you???

Look at Ave being a great big sister!!

I understand why people get excited about the fair. It IS fun. I love making memories with my kids!! I am already looking forward to next year. :)

16 Comments:

  • Aww, good for you for going! I didn't attempt the fair...actually I never have since I've had kids. I don't really know why....I went when I was younger. I should probably give it a try. Fairs have always just kind-of creeped me out. All the strange people I guess...who knows. If you guys survived...I guess we probably would too. haha!!! Maybe next year. =) Glad you guys had fun!

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:11 AM  

  • Cool! We are going to the Utah State Fair this afternoon. We've been so excited to share the fun with Liam. We can't wait to see all the farm animals with him!

    Great photos! Glad you had a blast with the kiddos!

    By Blogger Gina, at 2:00 PM  

  • Looks like you and the kids had a great time at the fair. It's always a fun place to be. I like the picture of you and the kids.

    By Blogger Nadine, at 3:37 PM  

  • you all look like you had a great time. Fairs can be such fun. Our county fair was back in July and the kids and I went and they had a blast. Glad you all had a good time

    By Blogger KC, at 10:43 PM  

  • Holy Moly your back! I just read thru everything. Lots of cute pictures!

    By Blogger Life With All Boys, at 11:19 PM  

  • Okay, missy, you are TINY! You look so good, SO small, and SO tan! I am super impressed!

    Fun times with your kids. Next time you guys come to Lubbock we need to meet at the park and play or something!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 1:22 PM  

  • What fun!

    Is it ok to say we are a little anti-fair here? Sorry. Every year we go to ours we regret paying the admission fee and then the food prices and then the ride tickets.....

    Ok, I'll stop! :)

    Lori

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 10:28 PM  

  • I had given up on checking your blog since I thought you were done after you got Dish!!! But I'm glad you're back. I loved seeing pictures of your kids. Seriously, you have one of THE CUTEST families ever... all of those dimples and big smiles are just so sweet!

    By Blogger Summer, at 11:13 PM  

  • You're right, your family is the best looking at the fair. Matt and I always talk about getting a booth and selling fashion tickets at the fair - I think we'd make a fortune. Here's how it would work: someone would spot a fashion "don't", buy a ticket and then present it to the perp (isn't that what they call criminals on the crime shows?). There would probably be some black eyes, but it would be fun to watch and a great service to the community.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 8:33 AM  

  • Oh, I am so happy to see you are back. I was beginning to think the dish man had done away with your entire family, lol.

    By Blogger sle, at 1:03 PM  

  • we attempted to dress like the majority at the fair this year. zach wore a cut-off sleeves shirt and his cowboy hat. i wore a short skirt and tacky shirt. i thought we would blend in pretty well, but i still think we looked pretty classy compared....

    By Blogger Kara, at 1:01 PM  

  • HOly Cow, when did you come back?
    How have yah been?

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:03 AM  

  • What a fun time! Your pictures all turned out so cute. Love them! I'm glad you take the time to post some of your activities because it sure is fun to read about your family and see what you've been up to. You're just too beautiful with such a cute family!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 1:10 PM  

  • I guess you calling your family the "only normal people at the fair" had somewhat of a biased basis. Ya'll don't look that normal. Maybe you should reevaluate your judgment on that one! jk! P.S. pigs really are smart, but I think the ones that we raised were just dumb as rocks cuz they wouldn't do anything for us!

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 3:27 PM  

  • I love going to the fair just as much now as I did when I was a kid. Sarah and I rode the rides while our husbands stayed on the ground and talked. It was great fun until the Zipper broke. Shelly made the comment, "It wouldn't be the fair if you didn't feel like you were going to die at least once!"

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:20 PM  

  • Nicole! Suddenly you showed up in my bloglines again!
    We went to a fair a few weeks ago and had some fun, although it rained the WHOLE TIME and the rides were cancelled!

    By Blogger Beck, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home