Tuesday, September 4

Ruidoso / Labor Day Weekend

My parents just bought a cabin in Ruidoso, New Mexico. The kids and Glen and I, my parents, and my brother and niece got to go this past weekend - Labor Day. Can I just tell you what a BLAST it was?? The funny thing is that my parents have been saying FOREVER, "Wouldn't it be cool if we had a place here (in Ruidoso)?" So it was SO surreal to actually be in the cabin that we had talked about for so long.
Me, my daddy, my momma, and Bradley (my favorite brother!)

It is a great place. Nothing fancy, but definitely perfect for us. It sleeps all 11 in our family and even has a fuz-ball table upstairs. There was deer that came up everyday and of course the kids loved that.

Parker, Ainsley, Avery, Jude and Bailey

My favorite things were walking around the golf course with my daddy and playing games with the whole family. The kids favorite times were when Bubba (my brother) took them for hikes.
Ave and her Bubba

They al
so loved walking to a park that is a few blocks away everyday. Needless to say through the woods and once even through the creek. WEARING SHOES AND ALL! Thank you Bubba and Daddy (theirs) for the brand NEW school tennis shoes that you got all nasty in that creek!! I owe you both!!!!

Me and my MAN!

A really pretty place (is there an ugly place there??) to go in Ruidoso is a huge hotel called Inn of the Mountain Gods. We went up there one day and looked around and took pictures. We were trying to ride the paddle boats, but they wait was SO long it didn't work out. We still had fun taking pictures and being silly.

Us being silly!! Daddy got in on the silliness too. Look at that FACE!

My Momma broke her foot about a month ago and so it was a LONG trek for her to get to everywhere we were going. Poor thing. We all took our turn giving her piggy back rides. Well, some of us did. HA.

Lift with your legs Bradley!! :)

I took a few pictures of Bradley giving her a piggy back ride and let's just say it is SO funny. (From behind anyway.) :) She was a trooper though. It makes you look at permanently disabled people in a WHOLE new light. It is a hard world for people that cannot walk, I'm telling you.

Grandy (my daddy) and Jude

I am looking forward to going back there. Parker asked me the day after we got back when we could go back. I have a feeling it will be a forever favorite spot of all of ours. :)

2 Comments:

  • I didnt even know you were back.....I'm so glad.......I have missed you.

    By Blogger Jen, at 9:58 AM  

  • HOW FUNN!!! I wish I could have been there. That looks like a blast. Did Debbie get to go? I didn't see her in any pictures. Maybe I'll get to come out there and play. We should all meet up there next summer when I'm home for about a month...unless I have to retake my classes, which I shouldn't have to, but it's possible.

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home