Thursday, November 1

Halloween 2007

The crew

I have had several people get onto me for not posting in a while, so I thought with a big event like Halloween passing by there would be little chance of getting by without at least one post. Of course now I have pictures for PLENTY of posts. I'll just wrap them up into one though.


We went to Trunk or Treat this year at our church. It was fun and the kids had a blast going around getting LOADS of candy out of peoples trunks. You can really rack up some candy going to those things!

Jude aka Cowboy
(He posed like that ON HIS OWN!! I LOVE this picture!!)


Parker aka Farmer
She LOVED being a farmer and told me last night that next year she wants to be a farmer again!! I love that she liked being something different than anybody else.


Bailey aka Batgirl
Bailey was going to be a Jack in the box, but decided at the last minute to be batgirl. She liked that we matched at the small group party later that night.


Avery aka Baby and her BFF Bethany aka tennis player
Ave was going to be something different too, but decided on a baby for comfort reasons I think.


THEN we came home so Glen and I could get dressed up in OUR gear for our Halloween party with our small group. I was Batman and Glen was the cutest Elvis EVER!!

We had so much fun seeing everyones costumes. We really have a creative small group that LOVES to dress up. Batman and Elvis was about as good as Glen and I get!


This week Glen's uncle Rick came over to carve a pumpkin with the kids. They love getting to share that with him.

Uncle Rick is one of those fun uncles that the kids just gravitate towards. He gets the kids ice cream every Sunday after lunch and is just always fun to be around. He has carved pumpkins several years with the kids and thought they might have outgrown it, but Avery made sure that he knew that they were NOT too old for carving. :) We love Uncle Rick!!


Bailey was the only one that wanted to get her hands dirty, so she got the job of helping Uncle Rick get all the guts out.

Last night we went Trick or Treating which is really just driving to all of our family and friends houses. It took about 2 and a half hours, but it was fun. We have so much candy, it is ridiculous. I have got to find something to do with it all - BESIDES eat it!

I love this picture of the kids Trick or Treating last night. They just are SO cute!!


Last but not least this is my class today at our Fall Festival (yes it was a day late) We have 9 boys and 2 girls so Cindy and I dressed as Batman and Robin so that they would think we were cool. Cindy was a great Robin and played the part well. She would even remind me that she was Robin today, NOT Ms. Cindy. It was just a blast to be a big kid and not care who was watching you. Of course anytime I am dressed up, I get a little character driven. :) I had fun spreading my cape all day when I walked down the hall and speaking "Bat talk" to the kids.

The kids had a BLAST with us all day. They did however tell me that I CANNOT be Batman because I am a girl, so they changed my character to Batgirl. I had one little boy ONLY refer to me as Batgirl all day. He came out of the bathroom and said," Batgirl, can you help me with my pants." It was TOO cute!

Cindy and I spent an hour and a half last night decorating our doorway to be the enterance to the Bat Cave.

There was a contest for teachers costumes and WE WON FIRST PLACE!!! We get our prizes on Tuesday! We were so excited. This is my second year to win first place, so we have a lot to live up to next year. Ha.

19 Comments:

  • Ya'll are a great family.

    By Blogger Zach Sheets, at 12:25 AM  

  • Ya'll look great!!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 8:33 AM  

  • Looks like you had the best halloween week! You each look so great! Awesome work! Congrats on first place!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:59 AM  

  • oh my god...that photo of the four of them behind in fantastic. you should frame that!

    By Blogger ali, at 10:24 AM  

  • Your family looks so good. Thanks for the new post. You were very creative in getting everyone dressed up. Great job! and lots of fun and candy on top ;)

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 10:50 AM  

  • all of your costumes were great! i too LOVE that picture of Jude leaning against the tree! he cracks me up!

    By Blogger Kara, at 11:31 AM  

  • Awwww great pics!! You are so good at taking pictures..I have got to be better about that. I think I got 2 pictures of my kids before we went out trick or treating, and that's it! Good mom! ha!

    You & Cindy were hilarious in your costumes. Y'all made that such a fun day for the kids....they are all very lucky to have you for teachers! =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:52 AM  

  • What a great job on the bat cave. Your kids look great...glad you had a wonderful time.

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:17 PM  

  • sounds like everyone had a good time and lots of candy.. You all looked great in your costumes.

    By Blogger KC, at 1:35 PM  

  • You are one HOT BATGIRL MAMA!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEDDDD all those pictures.

    My favorite was of the kiddos walking down the street. So precious and one you will ALWAYS love.

    What a fun Halloween yall had!!! Wish we lived closer. Miss you guys so much!

    By Blogger Allison, at 2:55 PM  

  • Your kids are so cute! Jude cracks me up how he just poses. Definitely his mother's son! :D I love your costume...and your pretty smile!

    By Blogger Cody and Danica, at 3:32 PM  

  • I could see why you won. Great costumes. You all looked great.

    By Blogger Nadine, at 8:27 AM  

  • Love the costumes!! You have such a beautiful family:) Kaylee still misses Parker, we need to get them together soon if there is ever a free weekend. Glad you all had a fun Halloween! It is not fair that you looked so good as Batgirl:)

    By Blogger Erica, at 10:26 AM  

  • I just found your blog - it's so cute! And girl, I can't believe you have 4 kids! You barely look old enough to have one. They look great in their costumes!

    By Blogger Mrs. Preschool, at 11:05 PM  

  • Great pictures and costumes! What fun!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:29 PM  

  • I was going through my blog roll and wow, new posts from you! :)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 9:46 PM  

  • Oh my goodness, you look like you are so much fun. Love the costumes!!!

    Lori

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 1:04 PM  

  • Congrats on First Place as Batgirl! Aidan had a great day and couldn't stop talking about Batgirl and Robin. He just saw your picture and made me print it out for him - he may ask you for an autograph tomorrow:) I loved that you decorated your entrance - it really made the day fun. Actually, Aidan has fun every day - thanks!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 7:55 PM  

  • I love Jude's picture! You need to blow that one up for sure! He is so cute.
    The girls look like they had fun! I loved Halloween when I was little...now I always dred dressing up. I could never make a REALLY HOT batwoman like you did. You and Robin look SO good. I'm jealous!

    By Blogger Taralee, at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home