Wednesday, November 14

Ruidoso for the Weekend

We went to the cabin in Ruidoso this past weekend. It was so much fun to get so many from the family together for a few days. Bradley and Ainsley, and of course my parents drove most of the way with us. Then, we met up with my grandparents from Odessa and aunt, uncle and cousin from Arizona in Ruidoso. Mom made a great stew for us on Saturday night and we all had a good time listening to mom's school stories. Ha. :)

Nanny and Grandaddy

Aunt Tamra, Nanny, Grandaddy, and my daddy

Uncle Jim and my mom

This deer came up about 10 feet from the cabin eating deer corn we had put out. We all had fun watching it. The deer even let us talk and make some noise. Someone ended up making TOO much noise though, cause it walked off after a while. OR it was just full, we won't even know I guess.

Glen and Jude watching the deer, SOOOO quietly.

Nanny and Grandaddy and ALL the great-grandchildren

Bradley, Nanny, Grandaddy, and ME!! I LOVE this picture!!

Jude hopped up on the bar to watch Aunt Tamra make a yummy 7 layer dip minus about 2 (ha ha). It was still WAY good. I think that is all Jude ate for lunch that day. (We could tell on the car ride home) THANKS TAMRA!!!

We celebrated Nanny's 79th birthday which is in a few days. It was fun to surprise her. My mom made the cake and the kids all helped decorate it.

This is my cousin Ryan that all the kids ADORED!! And the next few pictures explain why. He is just SO fun!


Bradley (Bubba) and Ryan took the kids on a hike on Saturday and then on Sunday Glen took Ryan's spot and went. My kids' favorite part of Ruidoso is hiking with Bubba! I might have to go next time to see what EXACTLY they do on these hikes. MMmm.....HHHmmmm.

We are going back for Thanksgiving and we are already looking forward to it! We DID miss our DVD player in the car this time though. Man....those things are great and of course you never know what you have till it's gone, right??

18 Comments:

  • I sure wish I could have been there! That would have been the best money I would have spent to fly into Lubbock and surprise everybody. Oh well, not smart with school being as time-consuming as it is. It looks like you guys had so much fun. And I'm missing Thanksgiving too! geez.

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 2:48 PM  

  • It does look like a good time. Jude is so cute! It feels like I haven't seen you guys in so long because its not like I really got to spend a lot of time with you guys during the wedding. I was so glad you all got to come though. Thank you and I love you all.

    By Blogger Cody and Danica, at 2:58 PM  

  • i am glad yall get to visit there often! such a nice retreat.

    by the way, your hair looks great in the picture of you with your bro & grandparents!

    By Blogger Kara, at 5:52 PM  

  • Nicole, your pictures are so good. Thanks for posting them. We did have such a good time. I think Rustin is feeling bad he missed out. (But it won't be forever, Rustin, so don't worry. You'll be back before you know it. We're definitely missing you though.) Anyway, Nicole, it was so good to spend time with you and your sweet family! love ya

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 9:35 PM  

  • I love all of these pictures. What wonderful memories you are making for all of your children!!! I especially love the picture of your grandparents and all of the great-grandkids. I know that you cherish them. Love you! Reese

    By Blogger Procters, at 9:48 PM  

  • What a lovely family you have. Great pictures.

    By Blogger DIXIECHICK, at 8:36 AM  

  • HOW FUN!!! I bet yall just have a blast. That is so great that yall have such a great place to go visit all the time. Your kids are going to have the best memories there....and of course you too!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 10:54 AM  

  • I am so jealous y'all have such a cool place to go & get away! My parents need to get on the stick & get a place like that!! haha!! Great pictures...I loved seeing your grandparents, and some of your other family members. How fun for all of you. Ok...off to sit through one of MANY Nutcracker performances this weekend. Pray for me. =) Love ya!

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:34 AM  

  • Looks like a great time with your family. I'm so glad you all can get together often. Being with extended family is such a wonderful thing!

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:20 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving! I hope yall have a wonderful day tomorrow! I am thankful for you!! Love you and your sweet family!

    By Blogger Allison, at 2:25 PM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving

    By Blogger KC, at 9:40 AM  

  • Hey..Guess who? Can't believe I found you. Hope all is well and you had a great Thanksgiving! E-mail when you get some time and we can catch up. Hope you are able to get my email from this posting. =)
    Marisa (Gomez) Reschman

    By Blogger Marisa, at 8:35 PM  

  • Such family fun! Hope you guys had a good holiday!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:47 PM  

  • OK< Nicole. I'm waiting for your Thanksgiving pictures. I know you took some! Did you have snow in Ruidoso?

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 8:50 AM  

  • Nothing is better than family time. Looks like everyone had fun!

    Lori

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 1:46 PM  

  • Clicked to your page from "My Splatter Painted Life" and was wondering if you live in Abilene? Read your post about the 5k and noticed that your shirt said McMurry on it. Just curious because I'm from there.

    best wishes

    By Blogger tessa, at 7:38 PM  

  • Great pics,

    By Blogger The Edwards, at 2:13 PM  

  • I thought I already commented...I guess not. I really do wish we could have gone. Your kids are so cute. Trace missed Bailey and her cute dimples! :)
    Maybe next time we'll be able to go!!

    By Blogger Taralee, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home