Sunday, December 23

Avery KNOWS!!!!

So in my fast track catch up, I forgot one minor detail. Well, not really THAT minor. WE TOLD AVERY ABOUT SANTA. Yeah, so while you are thinking , " Isn't she already too old to still believe in Santa?" and trying to remember how old she is exactly, I'll tell you. She just turned 11!!! I know. It is very old to still believe in the old guy that dresses up in a fat red suit and delivers millions of packages every Christmas Eve. But....she did. Until about 2 weeks ago when she came home from school and told us how embarrassed she was because she was the only one that still believed in her class. I asked if she actually told everyone that she still believes and she said no. OK. WHEW!!!!!!! That would've been WAY worse for people to actually KNOW that she still believed. ha.

When Glen got home and heard the news about her embarrassment, he was quick to want to tell her AND all the other kids. (He is so ready for our kids to be grown) SO.....after a little sadness I got the video out and called her in our room. She TOTALLY thought she was in trouble. So I just matter of factly told her and she matter of factly couldn't have cared less!!!! She wasn't mad. She wasn't sad. She was silly beyond words and just said ok and thought that she was cooler than the other kids in the house.

I have told her that she is going to get to be my helper this year while we do Santa, and while I don't know exactly that will MEAN....she is WAY excited. I think it is cool that we share the secret with just her this year. I know she feels special and I LOVE making her feel that way.

She has been warned not to say a WORD about it to the other kids. She hasn't and I think it is again because she thinks she is too cool for knowing and it being a secret between JUST US. I don't look forward to ALL the kids knowing. I think it would be easier on me and Glen, but I don't care. I love playing Santa and now...... I have a new helper!!!! :)

8 Comments:

  • Madison asked alot alot of questions this year. She is 10. She says her friends dont believe....she also said that all we have is to believe....She hasn't come right out and said it yet...I'm waiting though.
    Big year for you and little Avery.....a special year for you two. Merry Christmas.

    By Blogger Jen, at 4:57 PM  

  • Your dad told you you had broken the news to Avery. I don't think we ever sat down and told our kids, but they pretty much had it figured out. Heck, I STILL believe in Santa Claus!!! Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 11:33 PM  

  • I love how one of my friends family has continued the tradition of Santa even though her kids are grown. They all continue to profess their belief in Santa, and as long as they do so, there is a present from Santa under the tree. If anyone ever says something about not believing, that year they don't get a Santa present. It keeps the fun going even though every one knows that mama is Santa.

    By Blogger Tammy M., at 7:22 AM  

  • That's precious. And good that she wasn't mad. What an awesome way to get some much needed help with the wrapping! Merry Christmas Nicole and family!!!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 9:33 AM  

  • I have 2 that know and 2 that still believes. My 11 year old and 8 year old knows my 5 year old and 2 year old doesn't.
    I said I would never lie about it. I never sat out and told them there wasn't a santa.. but if they came to me and said they didn't think there was a Santa and I could tell they really Did know there wasn't I would just say your right. Princess my 11 year old was 8 years old when she stopped.. and this year back in Novemeber Mr Man my now 8 year olds came to me and said, after I was talking about santa "the gig is up mom I know there is no Santa" I asked him "who told you that" He said "noone I just figured it out on my own, so you dont have to keep it up for me anymore" I said "Ok, but you have to play along for Sweet Pea and Little Man" He said he would and then I told him he can't go around telling kids at school that there isn't either because if they still believe it can mess up all there fun.. He said he wouldn't and that was that.. So This year Princess and Mr Man both got to play santa after Sweet Pea and Little Man went to sleep.

    By Blogger KC, at 12:50 PM  

  • I'm relieved to know that Avery wasn't devastated! Ha! With Cameron & Dylan still being so young, I'm pretty sure they would go into a deep, dark depression if they found out right now!!! Not to mention they would wonder why in the world I had told them such a big lie! LOL I'm with you though, I love playing Santa, and the look in their eyes when they see what he has brought them Christmas morning is just about one of the best things EVER. =) Glad you guys had a good Holiday, and hope you have a great New Year!! Love ya!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:25 PM  

  • I hope Christmas went well with your new helper!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:56 AM  

  • Hey,Nicole! Just read the comment on my blog. Thanks for the sweet words. And for a little update on kid #5 go to my Nov. 20th post titled "A Little Blog Break". It'll get you caught up on the drama!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home