Friday, January 18

Parker : My little inspiration

The girls all share a room. IT is VERY hard for them to keep it clean. Harder for one most of all. (Parker) She is 6 1/2, but just isn't the most tidy child. She is too carefree and fun to bother herself with keeping her bed made and picking her stuff off of the floor. So.....the rule is that they are only responsible for picking THEIR own things up. Well, this past week their room was a disaster and it was time for a good cleaning. Avery and Bailey got all of their stuff done pretty quick. Well, Parker was the only one left with things to pick up and this was what she said with her eyes filled with tears, "I was NOT made to clean!! I was made to worship God!!!"

I about died laughing when I heard that, even though after thinking about it, she was SO right. She LOVES God. She writes love notes to Him daily and talks about Him constantly. I think it is SO special for a 6 year old to be that mindful of her Creator. I can learn a LOT from her.

SO.....even though I love to have a clean house and that IS important (Don't get me wrong about THAT!) I think Parker's view on this is spot on!!!

10 Comments:

  • That is the SWEETEST thing I have ever heard! I think we all can learn a little from Miss. Parker!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 6:33 PM  

  • Too Precious! I think I am going to adopt that as my new motto. It will make me feel good when I can't get everything done that i need too.

    By Blogger Procters, at 9:06 PM  

  • i can totally see parker saying that! i am glad you were able to hear that comment from her- priceless!

    By Blogger Kara, at 11:13 PM  

  • That is the cutest thing! Parker and I share the same views on cleaning!

    By Blogger The Doty's Dish, at 6:47 PM  

  • So hilarious! I love it!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:25 AM  

  • That is hilarious! And so sweet of her to be so thoughtful and in-tune with the Savior. Did you tell her that cleanliness is next to godliness? Maybe you can use that one in the future. ;)

    By Blogger Kari, at 10:31 AM  

  • Very cute.....

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:55 AM  

  • That was great. I guess she is a Mary and not a Martha. Thanks for sharing that sweet story.

    By Blogger Nadine, at 11:58 AM  

  • Oh how young minds think....and then speak!

    Lori

    By Blogger Glass Half Full, at 2:52 PM  

  • That is seriously one of the cutest things I have ever heard! You hear moms talking about funny (to them) things their kids say...and you say "awww..." and give a good courtesy laugh....even though it's not all that funny OR cute.....LOL. But that seriously WAS cute. You can't help but think that is precious...no matter who you are. =) Parker is such a sweetie..with a sweet mom to follow after. =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home