Monday, January 21

Students of the 6 Weeks

At my girls' elementary, the teachers pick 2 students each 6 weeks to be the 'Student of the Six Weeks'. It is a very big honor to be picked and ALL of my girls have been picked this year. Bailey was picked LAST 6 weeks, and this 6 weeks, Avery and Parker got chosen. They have a ceremony after school for them to be recognized. They are called up one by one and afterwards there are refreshments. The kids just love it and feel so special. I am SO proud of these girls.

Mr Adams (the principal) and the girls. Jude was feeling a little left out I think and jumped in this one. :)

I CANNOT find the pictures of Bailey at her ceremony, so...here is a picture of her and HER teacher Mrs. Sharp (at Halloween). We LOVE Mrs. Sharp. I feel like a bad mom for not having HER ceremony picture, but what can ya do??

Avery and her FAVORITE teacher, Mrs. Varner. What are we going to do without Mrs. Varner next year. This is a teacher that Avery has said she wishes was her Grandma. Now THAT's a teacher!!


The thing that I think is cool about Avery is that she does NOT make straight A's or even straight B's, the teachers chose her for trying HER hardest and being a great girl. I just love that it isn't ALL about the child's grades. Avery would NEVER get chosen if it was JUST about grades. I am SO thankful that she has great teachers this year that think she is sweet and special, just like I do.

Notice Parker's nervous feet. I thought that was so cute.

I know everyone has heard of Mrs. Reese by now, so.... here is Parker with HER favorite - Mrs. Reese.

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!

12 Comments:

  • Congrats to all of the girls and to their proud Mom. We have been blessed with great teachers, too. It sure does make a difference!

    By Blogger Procters, at 4:56 PM  

  • Now don't you just have so much to be proud of?? Way to GO to all 3 girls! I just can't get over how grown they all look. They are the cutest 4 kiddos ever! Tell them that we are soo proud!

    By Blogger Allison, at 6:46 PM  

  • Congrats to all your girls!! And of course to Jude for looking so cute in those couple of pics. That is very cool that the school recognizes them in areas OTHER than academic. That's SO important!!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 9:09 PM  

  • WOW big congrats to all the girls.. what a honor

    By Blogger KC, at 10:13 PM  

  • That's awesome! You've got a great group of girls there (and boy of course)! How special :)

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:19 AM  

  • Hey Nicole - glad you are back! I missed reading your blog! Happy New Year! That's so great about your girls! They are all so cute!
    Take Care
    margaret

    By Blogger M, at 3:49 PM  

  • Way to go! That is so neat.

    I still can't believe how grown up Avery is. Wasn't it just yesterday she was born?

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:32 PM  

  • What an awesome accomplishment for all of your girls!!! I also think it's neat that you don't have to be the perfect straight A student to get that award. I know that made Avery feel good. =) You have such good kids. I worry about the day Dylan starts school....I'm afraid he won't bring home any "good behavior" awards after his day today. ha!!!! Things went good tonight btw......he got in trouble.....but learned a good lesson....I THINK. We'll see on Tuesday!!!! =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:37 PM  

  • wow, Nicole, THREE posts since I last checked your blog. I love all the pictures of the kids. Congratulations to the girls on their great accomplishment. It's nice when people recognize them for what is truly important. You have a beautiful family, but of course, I've told you that before, right? love ya

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 9:08 PM  

  • This is awesome - way to go Avery & Parker!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:17 AM  

  • I am in a training with your dad right now and I told him that I love you and to tell you HI! :)

    By Blogger Ashley, at 1:41 PM  

  • Hey Nicole! Remember me? LOL! I closed down my blog months ago because I had some interesting things happen with it. Anyway, I was going through my old blogroll and thought that I'd peek in here to see how you all are doing.

    Your kids are adorable! You must be so very proud of them. :)

    If you wouldn't mind sending me an email, I'd like to talk to you about something. I couldn't find your email address on your blog. So, if you email me at livinginmymind@sbcglobal.net I'd really appreciate it. :)

    Thanks so much, Nicole! Enjoy those kiddoes!

    By Blogger Nicki, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home