Wednesday, February 13

Flowers RULE!!

I got a phone call from my brother today. You know the ONLY brother I have, Bradley. Well, I KIND OF forgot that he is a floral merchandiser for a large grocery company and his livelihood depends on flowers. In my last blog, I dogged getting flowers and he let me know that if I want me and my kids to continue to get great Christmas gifts(They give AMAZING gifts!!), then I need to support flower giving and receiving. So... I am going to give my top 5 reasons why getting and/or giving flowers RULE!!!

1. Getting flowers delivered to the house or workplace is an instant mood booster. No matter why they are being sent to you (an apology, special day, the list goes on......) it will always boost your mood to see that someone has sent you flowers.

2. When someone has sent you flowers or gives you flowers, you know that they spent some time thinking about what kind of flower would make you smile. Being thought about always makes ME feel good. AND if you are lucky enough to go to my brother's stores, you'll end up getting a WORK OF ART, not just a flower arrangement.

3. Fresh flowers make any place look brighter no matter what. Some even smell your house up and mask the scent of dirty diapers. That's always a plus!!
Plastic flowers just aren't the same!!!

4. Giving flowers can be just as fulfilling as receiving them. Finding JUST the right words to write on the card can make even a simple arrangement SUPER special.

5. When you realize that you TOTALLY forgot to do something special for someone, it just takes a phone call and a GREAT gift can be sent. You don't even have to leave the office. You can even act that was your plan the entire time. :)

OK. So I know those were a little cheesy, but I think they are all true and flowers can be a VERY special gift to give or receive.

This post is dedicated to my favorite brother Bradley.
I love you!!

12 Comments:

  • Hey Nicole..I wrote a post today about Valentines day and I linked to you! Go check it out!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 8:32 AM  

  • hahah. that's funny. i guess if my brother was in the flower business i would support it too! ;)

    it's true, though, flowers always make people feel good!!

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:36 AM  

  • I LOVE IT! Thanks for the smile today! So funny!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:48 AM  

  • This is my fourth year of teaching and Brandon has sent a bouquet of flowers to my classroom every first day of school. It really makes my day! So good for your brother and his business! Happy Valentines Day!

    By Blogger Kate, at 10:51 AM  

  • Today at Bryson's Valentine's Day party, a dad brought in flowers for each of his twin daughters. The look on their faces was so sweet. It reminded me of how my daddy always sent me flowers to school on Valentine's Day. It always made me feel so special.

    By Blogger Procters, at 9:22 PM  

  • Hi! Yes, you look familiar too! Who is your Dad? Did he coach at Angelo State?

    By Blogger Whitney, at 9:31 PM  

  • Oh' I wonder if we live in the same neighborhood- H. Parks? I almost hate to write that on a blog, but I noticed your kids go to the same school that my daughter would go to.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 9:34 PM  

  • Ok, we saw (but didn't talk to) your Dad at the banquet. Of course, I know who your Dad is from Friday night lights, but also my husband is from Odessa and played at OHS when your Dad coached at Permian. Two years ago, my husband was the head coach at Wichita Falls and when your Dad was the AD in Odessa, he came down to interview Jason for the OHS job. I think Jason said he was visiting family (grandkids) in Wichita Falls, so you may have family there. That same year was when we came to ACU. It is a small world... so funny, we'll have to meet sometime.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 8:44 AM  

  • Sorry, I didn't see your other post, but I was at Julie Evan's shower at Erica's house. I guess you know them from H. Mother's Day Out. I think your Dad may have been at Central when Jason went back to get his Master's and GA at Angelo State. I transferred to Angelo (from Tech) that year too.

    And... we do go to Southern Hills. That's what I love about blogging. I've gotten in contact with several people this way. Amy (above comment) used to live in Olney where I'm from and I was her brother's age. We were boyfriend/girlfriend in 5th grade. Ha! She posted a comment on my blog and we made that connection. How fun!

    Jason was a Jr. when your Dad was at Permian. Jason's Sr. year, I think your Dad went to Texas Tech. We'll have to talk about being a "coach's kid" sometime, since we have a 3 year old daughter and another little girl on the way. It's funny how you know so much about someone even though they don't know you just b/c they coach. I still keep up with High School football and love it! Your Dad also knows C. Jackson who is the AD/HFC at Sweetwater. He's the one they offered the OHS job too (he didn't take it) before they offered it to C. King (the year Jason interviewed). Coach Jackson was Jason's coach at OHS and Jason coached for him in Olney. That's how we met... Jason was coaching in Olney and I was at Texas Tech. Coach Jackson set us up on a blind date. He's a great Christian man (Church of Christ too).

    By Blogger Whitney, at 8:58 AM  

  • I promise, this is the last comment I will post... I'm starting to feel like a stalker too! Jason said it's your brother that lives in WF and he works (worked) at United (hence the flower post). That's where Jason interviewed with your Dad. We loved living in WF! It was a great place, just a hard place to coach b/c they don't have a feeder system. Kids choose where they go so, it's a big recruiting battle!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 9:05 AM  

  • That is funny! Isn't it weird how so many things are connected? I love getting flowers but they have gotten very expensive.

    One flower shop in town does a year long plan for our office, where every month we get a small flower arrangement on a different day all for $20 a month. Very nice!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 5:25 AM  

  • All those things are true, you can't argue that! I still like getting things that I can actually use though. But! I will say.....I always welcome getting flowers on any day other than Valentine's. They mark up the prices so much that it makes me not enjoy them as much...because I know how much they cost. LOL I Know that sounds bad, but it's true!! Plus....when you get them on random days..it comes as so much more of a surprise....flowers are fun though...and they do instantly make you feel good. =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home