Thursday, February 21

My Man is 30!!!!

Today is Glen's 30th birthday!!! I have been teasing him all day that I am so bummed about being married to someone that is in their 30's. It is partially true. Even though I turned 30 two years ago, I felt like I could hold on to the 20's a LITTLE bit since my husband was still in them. NOT NOW!!!! THANKS GLEN!!! :)

I have also been teasing him that I married him when he was a boy (he was only 18!!) and now he has turned into a man before my eyes. We both died laughing this morning when I brought that up.

Glen seriously is the best person I have ever met. I know people say that about their husbands, but I truly think that there couldn't be a better man out there. I guess lots of people feel that way though, huh?? I guess those of us that feel that are blessed, because I know not ALL women feel that way.

I am SO lucky that I am the one that ended up with this man. I am so proud of him and the way he has worked his REAR off for our family. Everyday he goes to not the easiest job and busts his rear FOR US. I am so thankful. We have been through ups and downs like every couple, but I am thankful for him and love him more everyday. This is sounding mushy huh?? Oh well.

I get compliments on him SO many times from the most random people. Today a lady that Glen delivers to (he drives for UPS) came up to me and told me how sweet he is and goes out of his way to help her with things, when most delivery guys are always in a rush and won't help. Glen has always been about helping people and would give you the shirt off of his back. It just makes me feel SO good to know that I am not the only one that sees how fabulous he is. THEN my mom almost started crying talking about him today. She adores him and couldn't ask for a better sil. Our whole family just feels blessed by him and loves him so much.

So......Happy 30th Birthday Glen!!! I love you!!!

14 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh....you are such an old man now. haha Just kidding. Hope you had a good birthday!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:20 AM  

  • Happy Bday Glen!
    Nicole- I agree with all the things you said about Glen. He is a servant for all of those around him, and I love to watch how much he loves yall's kids. I didn't realize that he was younger than Zach...hehe...

    By Blogger Kara, at 8:21 AM  

  • Please tell Glen Happy Birthday for us! He deserves a great day and I hope he has one. He's definitely a great guy and you're lucky to have each other! love you.

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 12:11 PM  

  • Hey, tell Glen happy birthday for me, too. I can't believe how young you guys were when you got married. That went by so fast. I guess Ryan and I are the only cousins not married, and Kailee I guess...so I guess I should get on that, huh? haha.

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 2:49 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Glen!!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 5:17 PM  

  • Happy 30th birthday to your hubby.

    By Blogger KC, at 8:47 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Glen!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:11 PM  

  • I had no idea that you were a cradle robber! Just kidding! Happy Birthday, Glen!

    By Blogger Procters, at 9:43 PM  

  • aw. you guys are too cute.

    (and neither of you look a day over 21 ;) )

    By Blogger Ali, at 3:45 PM  

  • Happy birthday! Jason is five years OLDER than me! We actually ate pizza three days in a row, Friday at lunch at Pizza Hut, Friday night at Joes, and Saturday at DD's.

    It was nice to finally meet you too! We'll have to meet up again!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 5:29 PM  

  • Rustin, you forgot about Jenalee. She's also available!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 7:49 PM  

  • WOW, I didnt realize that I had not commented on your last couple of posts!!

    These last 2 are my FAVORITES! Glen and the girls for Valentine's day was just the sweetest thing I have ever heard. The girls looked just beautiful, and what a special memory that they will always cherish.

    And I loved that you and Jude had a date too. The holding hands part was soo funny.

    AND...Happy Late BDAY GLEN! I agree with everything you wrote about him. He is such a wonderful man, husband to you, and father to those precious 4 kids. I love that I have you guys as friends!

    Sorry that I have been a bad blog buddy!! I'll do better now that we are getting settled! Miss and love you!

    By Blogger Allison, at 8:39 PM  

  • I love this. I am one year older than my husband and I know that he will give me such a hard time when I turn 30 ... I may have to do what you did and turn it around on him when he turns 30! :)

    By Blogger Kendra, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home