Monday, February 18

Valentine Date With Daddy

I am so bad about posting when things happen. It always has to do with my camera. I am either too lazy to go get it to download pictures, or......well, that is the only reason now that I think of it. So since we are all IN the house on this GORGEOUS day doing homework, I decided that I would finally post about last week when Glen took my girls on a Valentine Date.

Our church had a fancy Daddy/Daughter Valentine dinner for all the girls ages 3 to 5th grade. This year was special because that included ALL of our girls. Sadly Avery won't get to go next year because she will be in (GULP) Middle School. So anyway, Glen asked all 3 girls on a special date for Friday night. The girls were SO excited. We painted their nails, curled their hair, got them all dolled up for dad. Glen left a little early to get the girls some roses and a special Valentine bracelet for each of them. It was such a special night for all of them. Jude and I had our own date at Sharky's. I made him hold my hand and told him that people on dates hold hands. I'm not sure he was impressed with that. Ha.

Glen rang the doorbell holding their roses and bracelets.

Handing out the roses and bracelets

It was a semi formal dinner, so they felt so pretty. I loved seeing them glow.

Daddy and his girls

Then Jude wanted to join the group

Walking out to the car (Yes I got EVERY moment. :)

In the car, ready for mom to quit taking pictures

Off they went. I have to admit, I had some tears running down my face thinking that one day it won't be Daddy taking them away, but some other boy. (SAD FACE!!!!)

15 Comments:

  • ah, SO sweet!

    By Blogger annalee, at 5:23 PM  

  • Oh my goodness! That is so sweet! I love it! What a special memory!

    Man, Glen is starting to look so much like Bob. Can't believe it!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:08 PM  

  • Nicole,
    I heard that Glen and the girls were so cute dancing together! Summer said it was one of the sweetest things she's seen. What a special night for all of them!

    By Blogger Kate, at 8:31 PM  

  • THAT is a great dad. Those girls will remember that their entire lives!

    By Blogger LaShawn, at 9:11 PM  

  • You have such a beautiful family! What a wonderful memory for all of you!

    By Blogger Amy, at 12:18 PM  

  • I've said it a million times, but, Jude and Case look like they could be twins!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 12:20 PM  

  • Beautiful girls...Awesome Daddy...Precious memories. You are one blessed woman!
    I'm glad you had a "hot" date, too. I had a two hot dates, but one got sick. Oh, well.

    By Blogger Procters, at 1:36 PM  

  • That was such a sweet post!! I loved all the pictures...and of course you had to document each moment! That's what moms are for! There is just something so special about the relationship between a daddy & his little girls. What a sweet idea having something like that at your church....I may have to mention that to someone at our church...I love that! Your girls are so beautiful....I just love their smiles. They get that from their momma. =) Love ya!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:18 PM  

  • Beautiful, they all look so beautiful.. Hope they had a good time.

    By Blogger KC, at 7:33 PM  

  • Making memories! That is awesome. I know the girls felt special by the way Glen did all that just for them. What a good dad. Your girls are lucky and so beautiful. They are growing up so fast. I'm glad you took the time to download the pictures and post them to your blog.

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 9:56 PM  

  • Oh, those pictures bring tears to my eyes!! How sweet! Wish I could have been there! :)

    By Blogger katie and matt, at 11:47 PM  

  • That is the cutest thing ever! I love it! You girls look so SO pretty all dressed up. Avery looks so grown up, she' beautiful...Bailey and Parker are little dolls! I'm sure they had fun on their date!

    By Blogger Taralee, at 2:39 PM  

  • That is so sweet! I love all your pictures. What a great daddy to take his girls on a date.

    By Blogger Kari, at 6:43 PM  

  • this is my 1st time reading your blog. how awesome for both your husband and your daughters. and your family is beautiful!!!

    By Blogger Li'l Foot's Mommy, at 5:59 PM  

  • What a great post! What a wonderful husband and daddy!

    By Blogger Proud Parents, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home