Wednesday, March 12

Pottying, Ainsley, Water, Tests, & Rocks

WARNING!!

Blogger is TOTALLY messing with my fonts. I have been working for over 15 minutes trying to get it right and I am now giving up!! SO sorry for all the weird fonts. The were not done on purpose.


POTTYING:


Top News of the day!! Jude is officially potty trained!!! I am done with diapers guys!! It took some time and patience, but we did it. We meaning Jude, me and Jude's teachers at Mother's Day Out, Ms. April & Ms. Lori. Jude started going potty at school for them, but still didn't want to at home. I kept trying with no results. Ms. April and Ms. Lori took him every time they took the other children and he would most of the time be successful. After each successful potty at school, she would let Jude come tell me in my class. (ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT I WOULD EXPECT FROM ANY TEACHER!!!) So, after all the encouraging words from Ms. April, I made the last run for diapers about a month ago and swore that it would be the last. AND IT WAS!! Woo Hoo. I am so proud. Don't ask me why. Every person in the world learns how to go in the potty, but I still am just so proud of him. Yeah
Judeman!!! (and Ms. April) :)



AINSLEY:

My niece came to visit for a week. We had SO much fun with her. She fits in our little household SO well. She is SO smart and sweet, I just LOVE having her with us. She is 5, but very petite, so she even got to come to my school and be in my class (I teach the 4's class). We have 2 girls and 9 boys in our class, so the girls are ALWAYS excited when Ainsley comes so there is extra estrogen in the room. And again, she fits in our class perfectly!!! I took this picture at the house when the girls were at school. I can't wait till she comes back to visit. We were already talking about the next trip before she left.





WATER:

Glen thinks that I am insane because I found a new water that I am in love with. He thinks that all water is the same and that the water out of the tap is just as good. Well, I do like water out of the tap, but I found my most favorite water EVER!! Actually I found it about 4 years ago in LA. It was different looking and I tried it and liked it. I had never seen it before, so I totally thought that it was an LA thing.


I have since come to realize that IT'S NOT!!! It is right here in my little Texas town. I just love the taste, the size of the bottle, the look of course (HA), and mostly love that it helps me drink something that I usually have a hard time being motivated to drink. The funny thing is, I keep seeing people on TV drinking this water. I have stopped the tv several times and run it back to show Glen and of course he laughs and tells me I'm crazy! So... here it is.....my new water!! It is called Fiji. LOOOOOVE IT!


TESTS:

Update on Avery and Bailey's tests are that they both felt confident about how they did on the test. That was a blessing in and of itself. They both finished before lunch, which made me feel even better. Thank you to all who prayed for my girls that day!! We'll know if they worked in a few months.



ROCKS:

We went to watch Bailey's soccer practice yesterday. Jude and Parker usually get out and play in front of the car during the hour practice. Well yesterday, Jude got in the car with his shorts around his ankles. He was trying to get them around his shoes to take them completely off. I was on the phone, so I was trying to give him hand gestures and evil eye him to make him stop. I guess I need to work on the evil eye thing cause next thing I knew, he was in front of the car with JUST HIS UNDERWEAR ON!!! I got off of the phone pretty quick after that. BUT....while I was still on the phone, I grabbed his shorts and I barely could lift them. Sure 'nuff, my child filled EVERY pocket full of rocks from the parking lot and they COULDN'T stay on. THAT'S why he was taking them off. He really wasn't TAKING them off, they were FALLING off. So.... like any good mom, I had my camera handy and took these LOVELY pictures. I wish you could have heard some of the soccer girls gagging during practice at having to see Jude in his underwear. There are probably 10 eight year olds that will be scarred for life (or so they think!)




18 Comments:

  • first of all, i am SO glad the girls felt good about the test. yay!

    secondly, that jude cracks me up every time! i am glad that you took time to take a picture! i think so many times we get embarrassed and just want to fix a situation instead of stopping and taking time to laugh. (and take a picture for fun)

    By Blogger Kara, at 12:29 PM  

  • Great post! I love the pictures. I sooo wish I had a little boy to take pictures of in their cute little underwear! :)
    I'm glad the girls' testing seemed to go well! I miss seeing you at school!

    By Blogger leslie, at 1:48 PM  

  • I am NOT een kidding - the letters in the word verification thing just spelled:

    fArtS

    awesome!

    By Blogger leslie, at 1:49 PM  

  • YAY Jude for potty success! We have just started potty training #3 and I have now remembered how much I hate it.

    I to drink the Fiji water all the time. IT DOES TASTE BETTER! I love the square bottles too.

    What is it with boys and rocks?

    By Blogger LaShawn, at 1:57 PM  

  • yay for jude being potty trained!

    also...the pic of him pantsless? PRICELESS!

    By Blogger Ali, at 3:24 PM  

  • At least he doens't have whitey-tighties on! ha ha. Jude is the cutest little boy EVER! Seeing him just makes me smile.
    Congrats to the girls on their tests! Way to go!
    Ainsley is a little dolly! I'm sure it was fun having her there.

    By Blogger Taralee, at 3:56 PM  

  • LOL Oh Jude!! That little funny man! That had me cracking up....he is so cute.

    Ok.......amen on the Fuji water! I have loved that kind for quite a while now! I don't know why so much........I really think I just liked the bottle. Ha!

    Tell the girls I'm soooo proud of them on their tests. SUCH great news! =)

    Love ya!!!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 5:46 PM  

  • YAY for Jude. That will be so nice not to have to fork over money for "di-pers" anymore. ;o) The pictures are all great. Rocks in the pants pockets. Just last week I was washing Ryan's pants and.... haha just joking.

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 11:42 PM  

  • Fiji is my fave water too... the hubs knows this and picks it up for me when he gets a drink. Love the bottle too!

    Congrats on no more diapers! How exciting is that?

    The rocks in the pockets is cracking me up!

    By Blogger Gina, at 10:08 AM  

  • Your sweet family can be described in one word...JOY!!! Thank you for all of the updates and stories. I'm so glad that the girls feel good about the tests. Like you said, that counts for a whole lot! Love you!

    By Blogger Procters, at 9:57 PM  

  • I love reading about your random thought. LOL on the rocks and hooray he is potty trained. How great.

    By Blogger Jen, at 12:26 PM  

  • I just discovered your blog at work while blog surfing. Jude's face is cracking me up on the pot. He is so excited to be using a toilet! I hope you are having a great week and tell the girls I said hi! I miss you guys!

    By Blogger Melanie, at 5:50 PM  

  • Good job Jude! I am so jealous that you are diaper free!

    Is Ainsley your niece on your side or Glen's. I didn't know where Jason and Sara ended up, so i wondered.

    I will try the water. I tend do agree with Glen though!!!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:41 AM  

  • YAY Jude!!! I know you must be so proud!!

    All those rocks is too funny. And the FIGI bottled water....never tried it, so I guess I need to now!

    By Blogger Allison, at 9:31 AM  

  • The rocks is about the funniest thing I've ever seen...but at least it wasn't anything alive like some little boys might do!

    So cute :)

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:58 AM  

  • Nicole??? Where have you been? We miss you and your cute family.

    By Blogger Taralee, at 3:04 PM  

  • Lady please post about New York. I know there are a lot of funny stories.

    By Blogger Cody and Danica, at 11:27 AM  

  • yay for potty training. I am currently training / trying to train my youngest. Can't wait to have none in diapers! :)

    1st time on your blog ~ it is adorable!

    By Blogger Kendra, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home