Wednesday, March 5

TAKS again.

Well, today is the reading TAKS day. It has been the day that our house has been dreading/talking about/getting ready for...for weeks now. Actually the girls have been preparing at school all year, but Avery has really been focused the last couple of weeks. She has been tutored by a great friend, Kate everyday after school for a couple of hours. Kate has been AWESOME for her. She feels safe with her and Kate has a way of being patient AND loving AND firm. She gave Avery the sweetest card yesterday with some Extra gum (Avery's FAVORITE treat!) It is SO neat to see their relationship grow the past few weeks. *****(BTW-Kate is a grown up, not a kid. She is actually in her first year of teaching, so she is GREAT with kids. ALL my kids love her, but Avery feels especially close to her.)*****

I am not so worried about Bailey, but please say a prayer for her too today. You never know how stressed they might be during the test. I pray they both take the time to read and visualize what they are reading. That God bless their thought process and guide them to the right answer. I pray they don't feel the pressure of the test and that they KNOW I love them no matter what and that God created them perfect no matter what they get on this test!!!!

I totally started crying when I was saying bye to Avery. She is just so special to me. Well, they all are, but she needs my prayers today the most it seems and seeing her walk away from me was hard. Knowing she was going to have such a focused and intense day broke my heart. I know she'll do good. Bailey too. I just ask that everyone pray for them today. PLEASE!!

PS. I have so many posts to write and I promise this week/weekend I will get caught up!! But for today, I am focused on my girls!

7 Comments:

  • avery was the first thing on my mind this morning! seriously, i have thinking and praying for her all week *and bailey!
    i hope she does great!
    by the way, we were unpacking boxes last night and i found a picture that avery drew for us right after our wedding. it's precious!!! i just thought it was cool that i found it the day before the taks test! just a little reminder to me to be praying for her.

    By Blogger Kara, at 11:27 AM  

  • I remembered reading your post about Avery last year about this time. For some reason I have thought about her several times over the last couple of weeks. I seriously prayed for her last night as I prayed for my own daughter. It is so much stress on these little guys. It breaks my heart when they have anxiety. They are WAY to young for that. I hope both your girls come home confident and relieved that it is over...at least for now!

    By Blogger Amy, at 1:50 PM  

  • I just said a prayer for your sweet girls. Even though it is totally 4:00 and they've already domintated those tests. I can just see myself in your shoes in the not so far away future and I know I would want everyone to be praying for Kaitlyn too. I hope they had a good day today. You're a good momma!

    By Blogger leslie, at 3:56 PM  

  • I know your girls did great on the test. What a stress for kids, isn't it? They put so much emphasis on testing and it's a lot of pressure. I never made a big deal of it with my kids and they never seemed to get too worked up over it. But everybody is different in how they handle stress. I'm sure God blessed them today to do their best and feel good about it!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 8:36 PM  

  • Avery is such a sweetie, I hate thinking she was so nervous over a test. I just think that is too young to make kids stress out...they have got their whole lives to do that as they get older, right?? =) (even if it is over things like.....say.....Dittos??? LOL)

    I know they both did great...as long as they tried their hardest, that's all that matters.

    Love you!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:38 AM  

  • They will do fine!! I know those tests cause unneccessary anxiety with kids. In Michigan we have the MEAP test and kids freak out about it. I think it's awful that teachers are told to teach to the test and the state finding is based on it, and then the pressure is put on the kids. Those tests tend to NOT be a true mesasure of their capability. I'm sure your girlies will do fine!! (((HUGS))) to them and to you!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 9:45 AM  

  • Ugh! TAKS... I think it's ridiculous to put so much pressure on little kids. IMO all TAKS has done is make teachers teach to the test. I won't get on my soapbox. I work 2 days a week as an elementary school counselor and I coordinated all of the TAKS this year. I enjoyed coordinating it, but I'm so glad I don't have to teach it! I hope your kids did great!

    By Blogger Whitney, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home