Tuesday, July 8

FUNKED!

I have a few more back posts to do, but for right now I am taking a SMALL break from it. That means that I will probably do it tonight. Ha.

Today has just been a day. I have been keeping kids this summer 3 days a week and I have been loving it! I actually have a little spending money this summer which has been awesome! Plus, my girls are SUCH helpers! I am paying them $2 each a day for helping me, which they have LOVED!! They each gravitated towards one child and that is who they are "in charge" of. Kind of like the Duggars mom does. You know she is the mom with 20 or so kids and each older child is in charge of a younger. Anyway. That is how our summer has gone......until today.

This week the girls are in Arlington having a blast at music camp. So...I am here alone this week keeping an additional 4 kids + Jude. The kids are GREAT kids. Really. I'm not just saying that! I LOVE them. But .....they TOTALLY outnumber me and if I'm not on top of my game, I get railroaded with fussing, fighting, and tattling. Today, I was NOT on top of my game. The kids were fine, I just was in a strange funk today, so....it was just a hard day.

Glen even stayed up (he drove all night) to help me, but I still missed my girls. We just have a routine, ya know. Bailey holds the baby while I make the bottle, while Ave puts one to bed, while Parker gets the mat out for another. We just have it down to a science!! Today it didn't QUITE happen that way. My point is.....I TOTALLY miss my girls!! All round, I miss them.

I DID make it through the day!! BUT my funk is still here. So, instead of moping around the house and trying to keep Jude quiet, WE are going to the pool. Get this! I am even going under today ya'll. Yep. It's a getting my hair wet kind of day.

Just keeping it real. Sorry if this sounds gripy!!

5 Comments:

  • This doesnt sound gripy at all it sounds real. We all have moments. I hops your week gets back to normal soon.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:45 PM  

  • I am sorry you are in a funk. We all have those...and they suck. If I come over, will you pay me $2 a day? I'm THERE.

    Love ya! Hang in there. We'll have our girl night soon & we can talk for hours. I might even play with your hair. Now THAT'S a true friend.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:49 PM  

  • I am so stinkin happy you have found your way back to blogland. I think if we lived in the same town we would be great friends. Your days sound so much like mine, and if I were there, I'd go under with ya!! I hate FUNK days! I have one at least once a week. Happy swimming! Hang in there. Funk days don't usually stick around!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:01 AM  

  • I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day. Good for you for taking Jude and going swimming. Nothing like a little physical activity and sunshine to make you feel better. Hang in there. Your girls will be back soon!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 1:28 PM  

  • sorry about the funk, I hope the pool was nice and relaxing for ya. Music camp for the girls, what fun. I just posted about my Princess and camp today.

    By Blogger KC, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home