Friday, May 16

I love New York!!

Glen's parents took Glen and me to New York City for a special summer treat. They wanted to take their boys to see a Yankees game while they were still playing in the old stadium. For me, it was a trip to NYC!!! Yippee!! We met Glen's brother Jason and sil Sara there because they live in Colorado. It was so much fun taking a trip with just the 6 of us without kids. That doesn't happen that often as you can imagine. :)


Roye Sue and her "fellas" at Grand Central Station

The first day it was raining but we still went looking around went over to Canal street. It is a street where you can buy knock-off purses, watches, and all kids of what I would consider goodies. (Glen would NOT describe it as that. ha) The rain really took a toll on us and after being out in it for several hours, so after it got dark we headed back to the hotel.


The whole crew before the Yankees game


The guys thought this would be funny. I thought it was cute. I have one of them turned around, but I like this one. The 3 baldies.

The next day we went to the Yankees game. Glen's family are HUGE Yankees fans. Glen had looked forward to seeing them play his whole life. That day we went to the Subway series with the Mets, but sadly we lost. It was still such a blast. The weather was PERFECT!! I had a blast just people watching and enjoying the atmosphere and weather. It really was fun.


We ate at the fanciest restaurant that night in our Yankees gear. We all thought it was funny because this policeman recommended it to us knowing how we were dressed. We could feel the stares as we made our way through the place. Glen also almost crawled under the table when I asked for ketchup for my filet mignon. I guess our classiness was evident from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Ha Ha.


We met my cousin Rustin and he tried taking us to a cool place that had dancing and pool, but we couldn't get in because Glen had on shorts and Jason had on sandals. (THANKS GUYS!!) So we walked FOREVER trying to find a place to hang out. We ended up at Gavin DeGraw's bar. It had live music and Rustin and I got to swing dance together. It was SO much fun and a MAJOR workout!! We also watched 2 people make out a foot in front of us for 15 minutes. It was nasty AND funny. Everyone around us were taking pictures. I am still not sure we weren't getting punk'd. (Yes. I DO know Ashton Kutcher. And yes he might punk me - OKKAAAY!)


The girls


We went to the Statue of Liberty. I had seen it when I was there before (I was 16), but it was fun to be with Glen when he saw it for the 1st time.


Rustin took us to a place called The Shake Shack and it was one of my most favorite moments of the trip. The weather was cool and pleasant, the food was amazing and I loved getting to hang out with Rustin. He is SO funny and it is always so fun to be around him. He always makes me smile!!


Me and cuz Russy Russ again

Rustin took us back to Canal Street for more goodies. I got a blister on my foot from walking in the rain in flats, so I took my shoe off and went bare foot. Glen and Rustin were GAGGING out! Rustin even took a picture, but honestly I STILL don't see what the big deal was. My foot hurt, I didn't want it to hurt, so I solved the problem. I ended up buying some really cute soft boots and my foot felt great after that. But it was funny to see them look SO disgusted with me.


Me and New York's Finest


You KNOW I had to go to the MAC store. I made a special trip the day we left JUST to go there. I think they should have a new slogan. Original of course. It should be MAC. Nuff Said. Catchy huh?? That's my slogan at least. :)


THANK YOU BOB AND ROYE SUE FOR AN AWESOME TRIP OF A LIFETIME!!!

4 Comments:

  • OMG, seriously Nicole. Canal street is like the dirtiest of all time and you took your shoe off with no problem, and walked around in the nasty water and stuff. I just heaved right now. It was definitely fun having you guys come out here and hang out. Thanks for not mentioning that going from one bar to the next was an absolute disaster with the rain, and walking 3 miles in it, and then the piano bar being closed. HAHA. I totally forgot about the two people making out. So funny. Anyways, I'm glad you finally got this written up two months late!!! love ya!

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 8:51 PM  

  • i love signing in to google reader and seeing that you have like 10 updates! ha
    it looks like you did all the great 'ny' things. i can just see you kicking off your shoes and feeling instant relief!
    and i believe you that ashton will punk you one day...

    By Blogger Kara, at 9:10 PM  

  • LOL You are so funny. I loved reading all eleventy billion of your posts today. =) I would love to go to NY someday! And I have to agree with you, even as dirty as that street may be, I would have been kicking my shoes off too. I hate having blisters. Sounds like you guys had a blast. I miss you!!! We need a movie date in a bad way. Holla at a sista.

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:38 PM  

  • What a FUN vacation!! You look so cute in all the pictures. Very New York!!! :)

    Yeah, I can't get over the ketchup with your filet!!! What a shame!!! :)

    WE GET TO SEE YALL SOON!!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home