Monday, July 21

Ride Like The Wind

As we all know, Jude LOVES horses. There is just something about horses, ropes, ANYTHING cowboy. So a friend of ours, Erin invited us out for Jude to ride their horse Peaches. Erin is AWESOME with kids. She just graduated from high school and is coming to ACU and cheering for them too! She is one of Jude's favorite people. Jude talked about riding Peaches everyday till we went. So on Friday we went about 30 miles out of town. Jude could not WAIT!!!


Gun: Check
Boots: Check
Rope: Check
Hat: Check

He was standing at the back door for a good 5 minutes like this waiting for me to get everything together. Usually he would've been complaining about having to hold ALL of that, but I didn't even ask him to do this. THAT's what was SO cute. I'm telling you. A total cowboy at heart.


I teared up a little when taking this one. They started walking off and I could hear her talking about what he needed to do to guide Peaches and he just looked SO big up there.


She led Peaches around this huge field. He was in heaven.


Then Erin got on with him so they could go faster. Erin said that when they were galloping, he yelled, "Ride like the wind!!!"


SO happy!


That look is priceless! Definitely worth the 30 minute drive out.


Riding all by himself. My big boy. She taught him how to turn and back up. He was eating it up!


Afterwards, they unsaddled Peaches and this is him carrying in the blanket, you know the stuff REAL cowboys do. It was heavy too! He loved it!
Jude got to brush Peaches after riding, with a little boost from Erin.

Then we jumped in their pool for a swim. Jude liked it.....just a little. :)


She just started teaching Jude to swim on her own. He learned SO much just in that 45 minutes. She is amazing! Thanks Erin for such a fun time!!

14 Comments:

  • SO precious! What a cute cowboy!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:11 AM  

  • Awww! What a special day for Jude! How neat that you got to do that with him. He will remember that day forever!

    Miss you! =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:17 AM  

  • Erin is about the sweetest girl ever! she was in our huddle, and she could make my heart melt over and over again! i am so glad that jude is one of her favs : )

    By Blogger Kara, at 8:58 AM  

  • how fun! He looks like he really enjoyed that. Also, I wish I wasn't so far away and that we could hang out more often. I had so much fun seeing you the last couple months, even if it was for only a few days at a time.

    By Blogger Rustino Scar, at 1:53 PM  

  • Erin was one of my kids gymnastics coaches. I always loved the days when one of my kids got to be with her. Now, reading your story, I like her even more. What a special day for Jude!

    By Blogger Proud Parents, at 2:23 PM  

  • Ok, I just got through all of your wonderful posts... welcome back to blogging! I have a new job that allows me plenty of time on the internet, so I was so excited to read all of your posts! I can't believe Erin is graduated.. such a precious girl. Keep up the blogging! :)

    love, Katie
    amaxwellhouse.wordpress.com

    By Blogger katie and matt, at 4:00 PM  

  • Oh he looks sooo happy!!! What a fun and memorable time!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 12:22 AM  

  • He is sooo cute!!! I can only imagine how he must have been there. I bet he hasn't stopped talking about it. That is so great ya'll got to go there!!

    He is the cutest cowboy I've ever seen!

    By Blogger Allison, at 8:36 AM  

  • What great pictures of Jude. I love his huge smile!

    By Blogger Kate, at 9:02 AM  

  • That is awesome that he got to go ride that horse and have such a good teacher to help him along. How lucky is that? What a fun day for you to share with him. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Time to come to AZ again and we can do some more fun stuff here, like play on the hammock, go for more horseback and 4-wheeler rides. We're ready whenever you are!

    By Blogger Tamra and Jim, at 1:24 PM  

  • What a good looking cowboy you have there! So cute!! I think I would have teared up too. Glad to see that he had one of his dreams come true.

    By Blogger Erica, at 5:20 PM  

  • Jude makes a great cowboy! Love the pics.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 10:42 AM  

  • What fun. Erin is a pretty special girl to give so many great lessons. He is adorable.

    By Blogger Nadine, at 10:58 PM  

  • It looks like he had a great day!!!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home