Wednesday, August 6

A Free Week

Last week, my mom kept my kids for 6 days straight. Glen was on vacation from work, I took off from watching the kids (the ones that I didn't birth), and we had no appointments or schedule for the entire week. I had in my head that I would clean the house, have a few lunches with friends, do the things I NEVER get to do.

Well, the week was AMAZING, but I really didn't get to do everything I had hoped. I did other WAY FUN things! This is what we DID do.

1.Went to see the new Indiana Jones. It was pretty good. The alien thing threw me WAY off.

2.Went to see Step Brothers (Will Farrell's new movie) with friends. Umm. I laughed SO hard at things that are SO inappropriate that I SHOULD be embarrassed, but for some odd reason I'm not. What's really weird is that usually I don't think those kinds of movies are funny at ALL, but I think with the kids gone I was too care free to worry about the F word in every sentence. I know - BAD! I have a favorite line, but it is too nasty to put on here, so e-mail me if you want to laugh all day. :)

3.Went to see Dark Knight. I LOVED it, but was sad the whole time thinking about Heath. GREAT movie though. The best of the 3.

(Yes we saw 3 movies. We don't get to go OUT to the movies much, so we took advantage)

4.Went on a double date to the Beehive downtown with some friends and stayed up till 4 in the morning playing games. (That was a fun night!!)

5.Went to the pool twice without kids. Once BY MYSELF!!! HEAVEN!

6.Got a pedicure with my friend Autum. My toes are SO cute right now!! LOVED it!

7.Read 2 books. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, and The Good Guy by Dean Koontz. Both really good books. I am officially addicted to Twilight. I get the 2nd one on Thursday (borrowing from a friend) and I can't wait!

8.Slept in EVERYDAY. Staying up late reading, watching tv, and playing games really took a toll and I slept in till at LEAST 10 every. single. day.

9.Went out to eat with Glen for ALMOST every meal. Not quite EVERY meal, but a lot. I'm not talking Olive Garden, but you know Jason's Deli, Rick and Carolyn's, Joe's, that kind of eating out.

10.Shopping!!!! We didn't spend a ton, but Glen OFFERED to take me to the mall!!!! HIS idea! I'm telling you. I married the best man alive. So I got a few new things. Dillard's was having a great sale, so that was fun! Can't pass up a bargain!

11.BE WITH GLEN!!!! This had to be my favorite thing! We have never really gotten time alone, just us. We had Avery 6 months after we were married and so it has NEVER been just US. We had such a good time hanging out just being with each other. I love my husband!!!!!!

******I have a few thank yous!!!******

Thanks to my parents for offering to keep my 4 children for days on end when you are trying to pack and move houses! It's official! You are the BEST Grammy and Grandy!

Thank you to my brother, sil, and niece for helping with the kids and being so fun that my kids want to live with you!

Thank you to UPS for giving my husband a much needed and deserved break!

Thank you to Summer and Amanda for giving me the week off!! You are the best people to work for!

Things are back to the norm this week. I am glad to have my kids back, that's for sure. It's good to get back to the normal days of summer, even though last week CANNOT be topped. It was good while it lasted. :) Happy Summer. At least for a couple more weeks.

17 Comments:

  • wow. i'm offically jealous!
    sounds like you & glen had a great week...a well deserved week!

    By Blogger Kara, at 10:16 AM  

  • What a great week!! I am sure you needed it and deserved it!

    I am not sure what I would do with a week without children. Holy Cow!!

    By Blogger Jennifer (mom of four), at 10:23 AM  

  • Sounds like a wonderful and well deserved break! I just love having nothing on the agenda. why is it you never seem to get to everyhting on the list though?

    By Blogger Erica, at 10:44 AM  

  • When I referrred to "you" in my comment I meant people in general...not you personally:)

    By Blogger Erica, at 10:45 AM  

  • Twilight is next on my "to read" list! I just got it this past weekend and am almost finished with my current book so I can start it. I've only heard great things about it!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 10:47 AM  

  • It sounds divine....I'm so jealous....I'm glad you had this time with Glen. We started back to school today....summer vacation is officially over.

    By Blogger Jen, at 1:02 PM  

  • sounds like my week, only i am also husbandless!!

    By Blogger Ali, at 2:30 PM  

  • I am so glad you are reading the Twilight series. I am such an addict!

    Happy week off. What a blessing!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 3:29 PM  

  • That is great that you and Glen got a whole week to yourselves. You both deserve it!

    By Blogger Kate, at 7:25 PM  

  • I'm JEALOUS. How fun for you guys! I'm sad that I wasn't on your list of fun things you did...but oh well. I'll live. Atleast we get to hang out Friday...and I KNOW you are excited about that!!!! heheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:26 PM  

  • I am so jealous!! I cannot imagine no kids for 6 days. How relaxing!! The sleeping in part sounds like heaven. And 2 whole books?? I bet you rarely make it through 2 whole pages with all 4 of the kids around!! Sounds amazing! You deserved it Momma!!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:52 PM  

  • What an amazing week! I'm so glad you love Twilight...you will love the second one too...and the 3rd and 4th...yea!!!

    By Blogger JD, at 10:12 PM  

  • oh my goodness, 6 days with no kids and nothing planned.. That sounds heavenly..
    Sounds like you spent your time wisely.. what fun.

    By Blogger KC, at 5:58 PM  

  • I'm glad you posted about your week being kidless. What a fun time for you guys and a great way to spend some vacation days. I love being home, too. It can be so relaxing and rejuvenating.

    By Blogger Tamra, at 7:15 PM  

  • Wow, that is awesome. We were kidless for a couple of days in July, but I had morning/afternoon/night sickness...and Wade was working. Oh, well!
    Yay for AWESOME grandparents!

    By Blogger Procters, at 11:21 PM  

  • I am new to your blog and stopped by for a visit. I am from Texas and enjoyed reading about your family. Stop by sometime!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:52 PM  

  • I was able to have a week like that this summer! What a blessing! I love keeping up with you & your family through this blog. You all look great! Especially you- I am so jealous!

    By Blogger Susan, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home